Rear Defroster & Maplight Issues-77 NYB YouTube Videos

77newyorker440

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I made two short YouTube videos to show some issues I am having with my rear defroster as well as the strange operation of my maplight. Here they are:

If you all have any answers to the questions or any suggestions for my channel, please let me know. I am working on making better quality videos, hoping to get a big one out in the coming months.
Thanks,
77newyorker440

Your map light comes on with the interior lights. Close the doors and it should be off in one of the two positions. Rear defog switch is a momentary switch. All it does is trigger the timer built into the switch. The handle/knob does not latch in the ON position.
Read the owner's manual. If the NOS switch does the same thing you have other issues with the defogger circuitry.

Without watching the video, it sounds like backflow with the power - typically happens when a fuse has popped - the dome lights and other things on the circuit can start to work backwards - dome lights staying on when the door is shut, only 1/2 on, that kind of thing. You may have a frayed wire or a dome light door switch wire has come off and is grounding out.

Hey guys,
Okay, so I am back to check what you guys said this afternoon and the car was completely dead. I am not sure if this occurred due to how I had the maplight or the cold. However, after charging it for a bit, I was able to test it and it works completely, so thank you all for informing me on that. When I tested it before, I had both front doors open so that caused the issues.

For the rear defogger, I tried it a couple weeks ago and it did not defog the window, but I will try it again next time the window is fogged up.
Thanks,
77newyorker440

Back