WANTED Rear seat speaker screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I purchased a 4 x 4 sheet of a material that I got from one of the metal vendors that i deal with at work. It is stainless steel and much stronger than the original material. I painted it to be the exact color as the original, but a friend used it as is for is 68 Newport and it looked good as it. The holes size and pattern is almost a dead match to the original.
I just got in the door from Carlisle, but when I get home from work tomorrow night, I will post some pictures of the original and the new material.

Sure,
I just have to look what it cost me for the material.
I am not looking to make anything on them, as long as I can cover what it cost me and to ship it. I will also look up the paint I used for the screen and the silver on the top piece. both came out very close to the original. I also made a CAD drawing of the shape I cut mine to and the hole locations. I will post that also.

Here are the pictures of the one that I made. after I cut the metal, I sprayed it with Rust-oleum spray paint (Oil rubber bronze). The top section I used Rust-oleum Metallic Matte Nickel. I drilled out the original rivets and when reattached it, I used a clear epoxy to adhere it to the metal frame. The material I bought was enough to get 6 pieces. The cost per section would be $25 each. Plus $12 to ship it to you. I can send you enough to make the two pieces you wanted plus the shipping for $62. Since it is stainless steel it is tougher to cut than you might think. I used a diamond tipped cutoff wheel to cut mine. plus I taped the edges to be cut. Regular cutoff wheels, just exploded when I tired it. If you wanted to do this, just PM me. I also have a CAD drawing that I did that I will post if anyone else would like to make their own. I just need to convert it to a file format that most everyone can open and I can attach here.

Speaker-1.jpg

Speaker-2.jpg

Speaker-3.jpg

Speaker-4.jpg

Speaker-5.jpg

Speaker-6.jpg

Here are my drawings that I cut the material to. The 1st is a 1/2 scale dimensioned drawing. The second should be a 1:1 if you want to print it to a standard 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper and use it as a template. You might just want to verify the dimensions in the event your printer scales things slightly.

Speaker grate_0.5 scale.jpg

Speaker grate_full.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back