Rear window Gasket for a C body 1967 Plymouth Fury VIP fast back

Wiggy

Reaction score
Hello C bodies, i live in the UK and have C body 1967 Plymouth Fury VIP fast back, and came across your web site.
This is my first post so please forgive me if i am not doing this correctly.
However i am look for a few items and wondered if anyone can advise me where to obtain these.
Window Sweepers
Rear window Gasket
Rear light cluster, center part only with backup/reversing lens
Any help or advice would be appreciated
Wiggy

Hello C bodies, i live in the UK and have C body 1967 Plymouth Fury VIP fast back, and came across your web site.
However i am look for a few items and wondered if anyone can advise me where to obtain these.
Window Sweepers
Rear window Gasket
Wiggy
Murray Park would be my first call after checking the ads on this forum.
Here‘s Murray’s website, www.cbodies.com

Window sweeps @QQE is a sponsor on here makes the window sweeps, inside and out. I believe the Top Cat brand. Also know as cat whiskers. Can be purchased through a distributor as well. I believe he has some other seals as well. He try’s to get as close to factory look as possible in this modern world. He is a small business so be patient.

I am not sure the rear window has a gasket on the Fastop The same body style in ‘68 was glued in. Maybe a change in ‘68? but worth a visual check in yours or maybe someone else can chime in.
Metro Molded Rubber has had some seals in the past as well.

Lights, likely Murray Park as stated above.
Or will sometimes come across them on E-bay.

Also make sure you have a parts manual and service manual. Many are available on
MyMopar. Or for sale from a google search.
If you get the part number from your parts book you can search google “###### Mopar’ ( your p/n followed by Mopar).

Welcome to the C-body world. Your best friend will be this site and refining google searches.

Window Sweepers
Rear window Gasket
Wiggy
Welcome to FCBO. It would be best to start a parts wanted thread in the Marketplace forums.

The rear window on a '67 Fury Fast top does not use a gasket. It uses a seal that most glass shops should be able to make.

Tail lamp lenses, back up lenses and assemblies are very difficult to find.

Service manual does a good job of pictorially showing the glued in back window.
Be aware it also shows the gasket for the rear window in the sedans.

I believe that the FastTop rear window was the first "glue-in" rear glass that Chrysler used? Glass shop quaity urethane window sealer (caulking gun applied) works well. Might be some rubber blocks to hold the glass from being installed "too far down" in its location? Be prepared to find some rust toward the bottom of the sides and along the bottom edges, which will need to be fixed first. 3M Alumalead is what they built to fix the glue-in rear glasses on GM products (which always had rust along the lower edges of those back glasses, by observation). Possibly equivalents in other brands, now?

The normal sedans and hardtops still used a gasketed rear glass, with their more vertical rear glass, but that all changed with the 1969 Fuselage cars.

Enjoy!
CBODY67

Back