Rear Window

DukeFury

Reaction score
I’ve had my 1970 Fury now for 5years it’s time to either do something with it or sell. The car is very straight with little rust but the rust it has around back window is bad. I’ve looked all over internet to try and find parts like window channel but had no luck does anyone know of any company that makes anything for it?

7FA82D61-1591-410E-AA31-977751CB18CC.jpeg

6CD3B71C-9A2E-41FC-B00F-6CE8A4087D66.jpeg

I’ve had my 1970 Fury now for 5years it’s time to either do something with it or sell. The car is very straight with little rust but the rust it has around back window is bad. I’ve looked all over internet to try and find parts like window channel but had no luck does anyone know of any company that makes anything for it?

View attachment 485594

View attachment 485595

My Newport is headed to the metal shop for patching 2 holes in the dutchman panel and a couple of spots where the A pillars meet the firewall/ cowl and they are fabricating everything. He's thinking $2500 - $3000 ish and he charges $65 per hour. I'm going to guess that's the route you're going to have to take...

Last edited:
Nobody makes quality replacement sheet metal for a "C" body. You are going to have to go the fabrication route, or find a donor car. Good luck.

Speaking of fab work, this guy is amazing. I wish I had even some of his skills.

Speaking of fab work, this guy is amazing. I wish I had even some of his skills.

that was pretty amazing
A few $ of steel, and god only knows how many hours to make it look like its always been there
Unfortunately, that, and a lot of the trade skills are a dying art
I'm 61 and for as long as I can remember we've always been told "if you want a good job go to college" so now we have people with bachelor's degrees working at McDonald's and you can't find a carpenter that can cut a good miter

Donor car / parts plus labor rate is cheaper then the Fab work route…

I don't think you could find one for this roof style. They all rotted terribly. There's a super solid 4 door in Hidden Valley junkyard and it's still rusted around the rear window. Also doesn't matter if the car has a vinyl roof or not. There's a secondary panel below the dutchman, and that will rot out too on these. It's a pretty big deal to repair. Going to be much more work than MattfromMaine's Newport.

I bet that's why someone gave up on this car:

NOT MINE - 1971 Plymouth Fury Coupe - Parts Car - Tampa, Florida

181007753_809007243324449_8615745990123759675_n-jpg.jpg

Jeff

Well, In the Toledo area, I used Chris Dixon. He used to work under "wounded knee" , has quite a background in hot rods. Pm me if interested, and I can reach out to him. He's pretty busy

Go to a coach builder,busses and stuff,I did a trade in it,they can make anything with sheet,you really want one to do a cashy,I’ve done front roof rails to what you need,not that hard just need equipment,good luck

Back