SOLD **REBUILT** "C" Body Disc Brakes For The Chrysler Dodge Plymouth Cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hemi71x

Reaction score
Contact seller
I have complete Disc Brake parts for the full size Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth, "C" Body line of automobiles.

If you want to convert your 1960's early 70's land yacht, to disc brakes, i have the parts and pieces to get it done.

I have collected, horded, saved, rat holed, various year parts, that all will work on a drum brake, to disc brake conversion.

1. One set up is from the 1969 - 1972 cars.
2. One set up is from the 1974 - 1975 and up, cars.

The difference between the set up's is mainly the diameter of the inner wheel bearing in the rotor, and either "slider" type, or "pin type" calipers used.

I also have the disc brake proportioning valve used, needed, for and used, with these brakes, that i can also put up for sale, if wanted, needed.

Everything was disassembled, hand scrubbed cleaned, in the solvent tank, of decades worth of grease and grime, then soaked out in a 5 gallon pail of a product called EVAPORUST, to bring them back to bare metal condition.
Then everything was painted up, ready for me to reassemble.
Now that i have done all the labor to bring these parts back to like new condition, i will be selling these sets at $450.00 each.

These are the last two set up's of "C" body disc brakes that i have left.
At one time i had 5, and now down to 2.

You can call me, at Nine One Six, Eight Five Two, One Seven Five Eight, DURING THE EVENING TIME HOURS, between 5:30 - 7:30, if your interested, and we can go from there.
This is PACIFIC time, if your living out of my time zone,
Thank's.
Jim V.

C- Body Brakes 74-Up REBUILT 001 (Copy).JPG

C- Body Brakes 74-Up REBUILT 002 (Copy).JPG

69-72 C Body Disc Brakes Rebuilt 001 (Copy).JPG

69-72 C Body Disc Brakes Rebuilt 002 (Copy).JPG

69-72 C Body Disc Brakes Rebuilt 004 (Copy).jpg

I been watching your post on CL for awhile and waiting till after the holidays to get a set. The other day i was out at this old junk yard that use to have alot of mopars and they are winding down and have sold off most of what they had but i noticed the other day they had a pretty good pile of control arms, spindles, brake parts etc. So im wondering if you could tell me casting#s i should look for to convert my 67 c body to disk.

****UPDATE TO THIS AD****
The 69-72 disc brake set up, has SOLD.
You don't have to inquire about that set, it's gone.
The 74 up, disc brake set, is the last one that i now have.

Front Disc brakes were standard equipment on Formal C bodies (Imperial Chrysler Dodge and Plymouth) from 74 until the end of C body production...so what are you converting? What is the application?

It is.
The 74+ rotor and discs will bolt onto a 73 spindle.
You can't use the 74-78 spindle on an anything but a 74-78 C-body.
So my '73 disc set up should convert over to my '65 set up relatively easy? This is next up on my resto.. this month.

It is.
The 74+ rotor and discs will bolt onto a 73 spindle.
You can't use the 74-78 spindle on an anything but a 74-78 C-body.

Don't be to sure about that.
This guy did it, and wrote the article, on how it's done.
Wether it works for someone else, that's up to the individual, wanting to do the changeover.
Nothing is written in stone.

Disc Brake Conversion to 1961 Chrysler 300

So I have a complete '73 functioning disc set up that I'll will be removing from the car this weekend. Everything is there. Do I need to follow those modifications to retro fit the set to my '65 Fury?

So I have a complete '73 functioning disc set up that I'll will be removing from the car this weekend. Everything is there. Do I need to follow those modifications to retro fit the set to my '65 Fury?

You will be fine using the 73 parts onto the 65, without going through that persons article modification on earlier full size cars.

I'll stand by what I said.
"You can't use the 74-78 spindle on an anything but a 74-78 C-body."
because we're talking about C-bodies.

If it includes the 73 spindles then no, you should not have to heat and bend the arms as shown in those photos because they are demonstrating how to use the 74 to 78 spindles

Don't be to sure about that.
This guy did it, and wrote the article, on how it's done.
Wether it works for someone else, that's up to the individual, wanting to do the changeover.
Nothing is written in stone.

Disc Brake Conversion to 1961 Chrysler 300

Not sure I like that heat and bend deal.

No C-bodies before 1965.

Kevin
If it includes the 73 spindles then no, you should not have to heat and bend the arms as shown in those photos because they are demonstrating how to use the 74 to 78 spindles

On a 61 Chrysler.

73 is a straight bolt on for your 65 as would be a 69-72 disc setup. Flex hose bracket on the frame might need a slight tweak to point the hose in the right direction.

The advantage with the 73 spindle besides the larger wheel bearing is it takes the cheaper more plentiful 1 piece unicast rotor that was used until the end of C-body production and on D100 pick ups until they went to the 5x5.5 bolt circle, 81 or 82 IIRC.

I've heard that they are doing the pre 73 rotors in unicast now but haven't confirmed it.

Regardless if I had my choice between drum brakes or discs but could only get pre 73 spindles with the pricier rotors, I'd pony up the extra $$.

Kevin

Many thanks! This is the first C body project I've ever done and appriceate the giudence on these details. And I did not want to heat up and bend a spindle to make it work.

just bought a complete 73 setup and will be doing the swap shortly will let you know how things go.
Are you/can we use the factory power booster? Will it bolt up? I just pulled off the brakes Saturday. Thanks and good luck on your installation

Are you/can we use the factory power booster? Will it bolt up? I just pulled off the brakes Saturday. Thanks and good luck on your installation

The 73 booster "should" bolt up. I have heard on some cars that the hole in the firewall is smaller than the register on the later booster. Sheet metal will yield easily to an assortment of tools so no big deal.

On a 66 and up slabside with column shift, the 73 booster interferes with the shift linkage and prevents shifting into 1 but will select all the other positions.

Not a problem on a console shift car.

If your 65 is column shift the 73 booster shouldn't cause any interference because 65 columns are cable shifted.
If the booster will bolt on and clear the column and the valve cover, you should be golden.

Kevin

The 73 booster "should" bolt up. I have heard on some cars that the hole in the firewall is smaller than the register on the later booster. Sheet metal will yield easily to an assortment of tools so no big deal.

On a 66 and up slabside with column shift, the 73 booster interferes with the shift linkage and prevents shifting into 1 but will select all the other positions.

Not a problem on a console shift car.

If your 65 is column shift the 73 booster shouldn't cause any interference because 65 columns are cable shifted.
If the booster will bolt on and clear the column and the valve cover, you should be golden.

Kevin
Thanks Kevin, I suspected that it may work but my '65 is in my storage garage for the winter. My car is a floor shift with aftermarket shifter so all good news.
Thanks again for the insight..first time tackeling this job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back