Recent Threads Link

24xz03.jpg

Technical question?
In the past 4 years I have been on here, I still haven't figured out the rhyme or reason between the New Posts and Recent posts.
What is the criteria for something to show up in the New Post Section and What it the criteria for the Recent Post Section?

In the past I used the Recent Post Tab as it seemed like it had more content when browsing. (It could be all perception)
When I post something, I can easily find it in the Recent Post section, but not in the New Post section.
Whats the magic between the two?
Thanks

Most likely 'New Posts' would be (ahem) NEW without a reply.

'Recent Posts' would be threads that would that have had a (ahem) recent reply.

At least that's what I've deducted from many other forums.

Technical question?
In the past 4 years I have been on here, I still haven't figured out the rhyme or reason between the New Posts and Recent posts.
What is the criteria for something to show up in the New Post Section and What it the criteria for the Recent Post Section?

In the past I used the Recent Post Tab as it seemed like it had more content when browsing. (It could be all perception)
When I post something, I can easily find it in the Recent Post section, but not in the New Post section.
Whats the magic between the two?
Thanks
New Posts are the posts you haven't clicked on, while Recent Posts have both the new, and recently viewed posts. If you click on a thread in New Posts, read it and click on New Posts again, the thread you just looked at is no longer on that list.

Most likely 'New Posts' would be (ahem) NEW without a reply.

'Recent Posts' would be threads that would that have had a (ahem) recent reply.

At least that's what I've deducted from many other forums.

I thought that at first, but new posts can have many replies on them already.

I think @LocuMob has it described.
Also if you just answer a post, it doesn't show up in new, but does in recent. But if I was to reply to a post, it would be in my recent, but your new because you haven't read it yet.

Maybe I got it down now.

Yea I don'kno just one of'dem Interweb things that I just haf'ta give little thought too.
Every place is different now, my latest pet peeve is the 'We use cookies' disclaimer that I haf'ta click close on now, feek'in plague that first appeared on UK/EU sites.

I think the new posts should have a expiration date so you don't have to click on it...

I want the “recent posts” back.

Back