RECHROMING

65fury

Reaction score
LOOKING FOR SOMEONE CLOSE TO MEMPHIS TN TO DO SOME SMALL TRIM PIECES FOR MY 65' . ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS??

I've never had anything done there, but heard really good things about them... Not near Memphis, but at least in the same state.

Tri-City Plating Co. Inc.

I have a recent experience with Tri-City on bumpers.

Excellent work btw - came out better than new. Pricey but worth it for certain projects I believe.

But when I inquired about small parts, "Chip" (owner) indicated such things were not their strength. He noted shops doing such work seem to have largely disappeared in US.

Check with Tri-City of course as they still may be able to help with your particular needs, or give you leads on other TN/nearby platers...

Good luck

Custom chrome & polishing in ohio

Custom Chrome & Polishing

from their websiste looks like "small" parts may be in their wheelhouse ...

1660593120578.png

LOOKING FOR SOMEONE CLOSE TO MEMPHIS TN TO DO SOME SMALL TRIM PIECES FOR MY 65' . ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS??
Most trim on a 65 Fury is anodized aluminum. Not much is chromed other than tail light housings and bumpers. What are you dealing with?

Most trim on a 65 Fury is anodized aluminum. Not much is chromed other than tail light housings and bumpers. What are you dealing with?
The part between the side windows and the rear window
the part between the side windows and the rear window

EE04CD72-3064-4B32-8D50-90C092759D33.jpeg

12DD954E-0D08-4AB8-87E5-63A599247C59.jpeg

The part between the side windows and the rear window

the part between the side windows and the rear window

View attachment 552323

View attachment 552324

I have a pair in great shape without any pitting you can have for $100 +whatever shipping is. I'll even hit them on the polishing wheel with some compound so they look like new for an extra $20.

IMG_5380.jpeg

IMG_5381.jpeg

I have a pair in great shape without any pitting you can have for $100 +whatever shipping is. I'll even hit them on the polishing wheel with some compound so they look like new for an extra $20.

View attachment 552347

View attachment 552347

View attachment 552348
Those look great. I definitely want them. Just let me know what information you need to get them sent to me and I will get that to you

I have a recent experience with Tri-City on bumpers.

Excellent work btw - came out better than new. Pricey but worth it for certain projects I believe.

But when I inquired about small parts, "Chip" (owner) indicated such things were not their strength. He noted shops doing such work seem to have largely disappeared in US.

Check with Tri-City of course as they still may be able to help with your particular needs, or give you leads on other TN/nearby platers...

Good luck
YEAH SENT A MESSAGE TO CHIP.. HE SAID HE DID NOT DO THOSE PARTS :-( . BUT THANKS TO @HOT FURY I HAVE SOME COMING MY WAY. THANKS FOR THE INFO GUYS!

Last edited:
Used Tri-City that Big John mentioned for my front bumper last year. Drove from Minneapolis to their location in eastern Tenn at xmas time and dropped it off. Then went to the inlaws. They shipped it back a couple months later by fedex. Was well packed for shipping. Looks beautiful, better than new. I recommend picking it up at one of their freight terminals, will cost about $150 less to not have a residential delivery charge. Make sure fedex is very clear on this or they will keep billing you for the residential delivery you never received. Document it on the bill of lading. That was the only headache. I highly recommend Tri-City. The cost was around $750 + shipping. About half what a shop in Minnesota was asking. Compared to Minneapolis, they're in your back yard.

Does anyone know of a place that does small jobs of anodizing aluminum hopefully in south Florida? Many places will only do large jobs.

Back