Remember Dr Hook ?

C Body Bob

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
2043F506-E9DD-48D6-9211-3189B3A7960C.jpeg
0C70B825-F6BA-4B5A-959A-3E0DD0C9805D.jpeg
Formaly Dr Hook and the medicine show. A great soft rock band of the 70’s. If you liked The Eagles you would probably like Dr Hook. The bad was formed in 1967 & disbanded in 1985 after Ray Sawyer (part time singer) had left the band in 83. Main singer Dennis Locorriere continues to perform as Dr Hook but allowed Ray Sawyer to perform as Ray Sawyer of Dr Hook untill his retirement in 2015. The band had 5 really great top 10 hits. Including “On the cover of the Rolling Stone” In an age of Hard Rock & Disco it was nice to have some soothing music to listen too as well. I kinda miss these bands.

Always liked them. Sylvia's Mother was a unique song. Written by Shel Silverstein who also wrote A Boy Named Sue.

“When you’re in love with a beautiful woman” was a favorite dr. Hook song of mine, and the guitar solo in rolling stone made me laugh every time.

Cover of the Rolling Stone, Only 16 and the 80s classic Baby makes her blue jeans Talk. .

My three favorires

Queen of the Silver Dollar..... I think it was the flip side of Cover of the Rolling Stone 45....if anybody remembers those......

One of my wife's favorite bands. Something she grew up with.
She goes on about some album called "Bootleg" or the like that she can never find.

Cover of the rolling stone..Probably one of my favorite first 45 records as a kid in 72 or 73. Schools out, crocodile rock and hot rod Lincoln in the stack.

Back