C Body Bob

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Popular pop & top 40 singer from the 70's. I believe she had 4 big hit songs. 2 went to #1. Well was just reading she is now 72 & has been diagnosed with demintia. Her son just recently put her in a nursing home. She apparently was still performing at small venues when she could. Said she had a net worth of 3 million. She was very pretty in her day. Her career faded in the 80's & wondering how that may have affected her. 72 is too young to look like this & be in a nursing home

She was a superstar in the early '70's, but retired and moved to a small highrise apartment. A few years ago she realized her voice was still good and decided to perform now and then. At 72 she could sing better than most vocalists out there, with just a simple combo to accompany her. In an interview, when asked how she'd like to be remembered, she said she didn't care whether people remembered her or not, and hoped she had done some good. I thought that was a refreshingly humble answer. She turns 75 next month...

Last edited:
A very classy and talented lady.

Last edited:
Wow Helen Reddy with the Bee Gees before they went Disco. They where actually a pretty good Brittish act & then they went Disco. To be honest they where a pretty good Disco act too. There is only one remaining Bee Gee left. The lead singer Barry Gibb lives in Nashville on property once owned by Country music legen Johnny Cash. He also has a winter retreat in south Flordia

They where actually a pretty good Brittish act & then they went Disco
Born in England moved to Australia then back to the UK in '67. Bee Gee's, one of the longest preforming bands, selling over 220 million records making them one of the worlds best selling artist. I always liked the Bee Gees.

Last edited:
Born in England moved to Australia then back to the UK in '67. Bee Gee's, one of the longest preforming bands, selling over 220 million records making them one of the worlds best selling artist. I always liked the Bee Gees.
Thanks for that clarification, as I always thought they were Aussie.

Back