Remember this car

C Body Bob

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
5AFAB91A-7A4F-48A9-8597-38489C97D418.jpeg
CB89C52C-DC51-4FAA-814D-18D4286E68D6.jpeg
F97D9CDE-E86C-497C-B80D-503CA5CAF887.jpeg
This is the 67 Sport Fury a guy in the mountains of New York offered as partial trade for my 66 300. 383 4 speed convertible. We couldn’t make a deal & I thought that was that. Then a few months later he called & said I’m headed down your way. I can bring the car to you if you want to part it out. After several conversations a deal was struck. I pay for the car. Strip what I want except the drive train & he would come back in a month to pick up the shell with the drive train still installed. So he brings me the car. I pay him & he go’s on his way. So I post the car on a few sites & a guy Pete from New Jersey calls. A fireman. Pete offered to drive down & strip the car. Worked out a deal with Pete. He comes down with a buddy & a bag of tools in a Toyota Corolla with one of those cargo pads in the trailer hitch. In 4 hours Pete & his bud had the parts they wanted. It was a cold damp day. Forecasting snow from NC up the east coast. Pete hands me the cash & I help them stuff the Corolla full of parts. The hitch pin was too long so I put it in a vise a cut a couple inches off. Got that cargo carrier installed & loaded. I wished them a safe trip back to NJ. An hour after they leave it starts snowing pretty hard. I’m thinking they got a tough ride home. A few day later Pete calls & says they made it to the NC/Va line & the snow hit. No problem they’re Jersey boys. Until they got to Richmond. Total frustrating gridlock. Traffic snarled up. Got home well into the wee hours. Pete says Bob I need some more parts & I really don’t want to do that again. Sent me a list. One item was the metal windshield post. So I cut it out & boxed it up with his other parts & shipped it to him. A few weeks later I called the guy in New York & told him I was done with his car. He came down 2 weeks later & picked it up. Wanted to know if he could bring another one down for me to strip. LOL why not I said. So stay tuned.

Last edited:
View attachment 180512 View attachment 180513 View attachment 180514 This is the 67 Sport Fury a guy in the mountains of New York offered as partial trade for my 66 300. 383 4 speed convertible. We couldn’t make a deal & I thought that was that. Then a few month later he called & said I’m headed down your way. I can bring the car to you if you want to part it out. After several conversations a deal was struck. I pay for the car. Strip what I want except the drive train & he would come back in a month to pick up the shell with the drive train still installed. So he brings me the car. I pay him & he go’s on his way. So I post the car on a few sites & a guy Pete from New Jersey calls. A fireman. Pete offered to drive down & strip the car. Worked out a deal with Pete. He comes down with a buddy & a bag of tools in a Toyota Corolla with one of those cargo pads in the trailer hitch. In 4 hours Pete & his bud had the parts they wanted. It was a cold damp day. Forecasting snow from NC up the east coast. Pete hands me the cash & I help the stuff the Corolla full of parts. The hitch pin was too long so I put it in a vise a cut a couple inches off. Got that cargo carrier installed & loaded. I wished them a safe trip back to NJ. An hour after they leave it starts snowing pretty hard. I’m thinking they got a tough ride home. A few day later Pete calls & says they made it to the NC/Va line & the snow hit. No problem they’re Jersey boys. Until they got to Richmond. Total frustrating gridlock. Traffic snarled up. Got home well into the wee hours. Pete says Bob I need some more parts & I really don’t want to do that again. Sent me a list. One item was the metal windshield post. So I cut it out & boxed it up with his other parts & shipped it to him. A few weeks later I called the guy in New York & told him I was done with his car. He came down 2 weeks later & picked it up. Wanted to know if he could bring another one down for me to strip. LOL why not I said. So stay tuned.
Like some other members on the site, don't ever let the doctor take that lucky horseshoe out of your arse.

This is what the car hobby is all about....helping others get the stuff they need, providing resources, making friends and having stories to tell......

So a guy brings you a car from a hood distance away, wants certain items from said car, and let's you sell the rest and keep whatever you get for it. Now he wants to do that all over again? I need a gig like that! Good for you Bob, it makes for good story telling!

So a guy brings you a car from a hood distance away, wants certain items from said car, and let's you sell the rest and keep whatever you get for it. Now he wants to do that all over again? I need a gig like that! Good for you Bob, it makes for good story telling!
Well he gets so much snow up there that he can’t part it till spring & he works a lot of hours too. So he was happy to get his drive train parts. If he comes up with something interesting I’ll do another one

Guy from new York brings car, you pay money to part out a car that's never yours... yeah, I'd rather buy them out right
Actually... from a time and effort viewpoint... cars that deliver and remove themselves sounds like a huge win to me. I can't believe the guy drives them back and forth from NY to NC in this arrangement. I think it's fabulous that guys from NJ drive to NC and do a bunch of the labor...

I'm starting to think Tom Bob has the ability to white wash a fence without doing any work himself. :rolleyes:

If you haven't dealt with Bob, he's a stand up guy and doesn't try to retire off of every sale. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for stuff.:thumbsup:

Actually... from a time and effort viewpoint... cars that deliver and remove themselves sounds like a huge win to me. I can't believe the guy drives them back and forth from NY to NC in this arrangement. I think it's fabulous that guys from NJ drive to NC and do a bunch of the labor...

I'm starting to think Tom Bob has the ability to white wash a fence without doing any work himself. :rolleyes:

If you haven't dealt with Bob, he's a stand up guy and doesn't try to retire off of every sale. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for stuff.:thumbsup:
Thanks. ☑️

Back