Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
'67 Chrysler.
As shown.
How?

29ditc2.jpg

If is like my 67 Barracuda you will need a tool like this
tool.jpg
You slide it in between the glass and the trim and hook the clip then leverage it away from the trim.
A little tricky and sometime years of muck make it difficult.

Alan

tool.jpg

I have used these with some success but they take patience in the beginning until you get the feel for how the clips release. One thing I would recommend is to wrap masking tape around the shaft where it contacts glass and the trim. You may have to replace it as you go but it helps protect against scratches. This is a little off subject but I have had success removing drip rail molding with a bottle opener with masking tape wrapped around the end. If you go slow you can get it off with do dents or scratches. FWIW.

Don't know the difference from 65 to 67, but here is how my 65 is done. The spring clips just pop down through a 5/16 hole near the front edge of the trim.

You can see the holes in this picture

Don't know the difference from 65 to 67, but here is how my 65 is done. The spring clips just pop down through a 5/16 hole near the front edge of the trim.

If it's those, it should be no sweat.
I know the clips changed in either '67 or '68 from your 65/66 style.
I'll check the Parts Book and see what I come up with.
Thanks.

My first thought is, are you removing the windshield so you can remove the dash? :busted:

Kidding, really. Back in the day I must have cracked a dozen wind shields using that tool. You really have to be careful, the slightest bit of pressure against the edge of the glass will crack it. I would hit the junk yard and practice first.

I think I got my own just by pulling gently them out and putting fingers close to clips. I suppose you have the similar clips as I in my Fury, here is a picture of the side and upper clips, but the lower are a bit different shape, but the principle is the same.

Would you take a picture of the lower clips once you get that of? I don't understand where are they attached to and don't have any pictures from the time before removing them...

GFA3964-266.JPG

I was going to pull the trim so I could remove the cowl cover.
After reading through the replies, I decided there are more pressing things to do... :D

Back in the day I must have cracked a dozen wind shields using that tool
Yes. Definitely there are other things i can keep busy with.

I have removed the trim from about 10 windows and I was far from gentle and never had an issue. I did put tape around the heal of the tool but that was it.

The tool is only to release the clip and only release the clip.

You slide the point in behind the clip and rotate the tool along the glass, the part away from the point (on the same end) is the pivot, the opposite point only needs to move along the glass an inch or so

You need to lift the trim with your fingers. I use clothespins and stick the flatter part in as I go to prevent the trim from seating itself again.

tool2.jpg

Alan

tool2.jpg

picture coming but Stan if it's just the cowl trim you're taking off it's a piece of cake and you don't need the windshield tool.

Ok Stan, take out one screw in side door opening on each side. Then just pry up the trim. The spring clips release easily. No special tools needed. Look at Peters picture of the clips. Now git'er done!Christmas 201320140415_05.jpg

Christmas 201320140415_05.jpg

If it's those, it should be no sweat.
I know the clips changed in either '67 or '68 from your 65/66 style.
I'll check the Parts Book and see what I come up with.
Thanks.

65-68 all have the same type clip on the cowl molding.

OK, if they're the spring clips, it's a no brainer then.
Thanks Chris.

Now, you are are absolutely sure I have the spring clips, huh???? Lol.

Posted via Topify on Android

Last edited:

You can see the holes in this picture

If the 67 is like this (which it probably is) then it just pops off, just get your lifting device as close to the clip as you can.

On trim like this I have took a couple puddy knives together (one to protect the trim, the other the paint) and slipped them in with a screwdriver between them.

Once you release the end the rest are easy. Just dont lift from the end of the trim.

Alan

OK. Looks like a no sweat job.
I was paranoid because I have always had rotton luck with the other style molding clips.

Posted via Topify on Android

Back