Reproduction C body floors. High quality stamped full floors

Furious

Reaction score
Who would be interested in buying full stamped interior floors and trunk floors for 65-73 C bodies? Companies like Auto Metal Direct make these panels for A, B and E bodies, as well as GM and Ford cars. Our poor C bodies are being left out. How about everyone who wants new floors for their C body calls, or emails Auto Metal Direct and requests them to make these much needed parts. If they get enough requests, maybe they will consider making them.
They would need NOS or mint original panels to tool from, if anyone knows of some panels to be used for making the tooling dies.

Of course we would all love to see new quarter panels etc, but it has to start somewhere. The trunk floors and interior floors for C bodies never changed much, so they fit for many years. This means many different cars can use the same panels, making for more sales.

Already talked to AMD last year. They want a quarter mill & a good panel to copy. I think they told me that would get me 200 copy’s

That sounds like a good start. They are making almost every panel for 63-64 Galaxies now. I don't know how many people are restoring 63-64 Galaxies, but I think there would be a large market for interior and trunk floors that fit every 65-73 C body.

Already talked to AMD last year. They want a quarter mill & a good panel to copy. I think they told me that would get me 200 copy’s
Only 250,000 ..i need start playing the lottery
200 units at $250 000 means each one would owe you $1250, and that's before you had the 200 transported to you Then you would have to go to the effort of selling them etc, so the price to sell them would be higher again even if you wanted no profit. The buyer would have to pay shipping too to them. I'm sorry to say but there isn't going to be a market at a price that at a bare minimum is going to be over $1500.

What everyone needs to realize before jumping to conclusions about prices, is every reproduction body panel on the planet has had R&D costs. The more demand there is, the more chance of having parts made, and the cheaper they get.
New panels are available for hundreds of other cars, not just Mustangs and Camaros.
I remember when you couldn't buy ANY reproduction body panels for Chargers or Road Runners, let alone Dusters. Now almost everything is made for those cars and many others. So if enough people ask for C body parts, who knows, maybe we will see them.
Doesn't hurt to ask!

First question is, how high the demand. Then There are still many cars around to take parts of, and that is mostly cheaper, so again customers buying décisions...
You might consider reproductions of left and right part of Floor, as thèse are most rot. With modern 3d scanners you can create CAD files pretty easy and then fond a country where manufacturier os still affordable

200 units at $250 000 means each one would owe you $1250, and that's before you had the 200 transported to you Then you would have to go to the effort of selling them etc, so the price to sell them would be higher again even if you wanted no profit. The buyer would have to pay shipping too to them. I'm sorry to say but there isn't going to be a market at a price that at a bare minimum is going to be over $1500.
Thats the piont of winning the lottery with millions to throw around i wouldnt care. And a little sarcasm

The topic here is who would like to see interior floors and trunk floors reproduced.
Has anyone worried about the tooling costs etc when they went and bought any other parts for their car? You can buy a carpet, or a wheel cylinder or a water pump for a 383 without worrying about the manufacturers costs. Fact is, reproduction parts are being made for hundreds of old cars. Lets see if we can get them made for the C bodies too. We are on a forum about C bodies, with hundreds of C body fans. Its not like we are asking for a new parts to be made for a Tucker

The topic here is who would like to see interior floors and trunk floors reproduced.
Has anyone worried about the tooling costs etc when they went and bought any other parts for their car? You can buy a carpet, or a wheel cylinder or a water pump for a 383 without worrying about the manufacturers costs. Fact is, reproduction parts are being made for hundreds of old cars. Lets see if we can get them made for the C bodies too. We are on a forum about C bodies, with hundreds of C body fans. Its not like we are asking for a new parts to be made for a Tucker
I get what you are saying, we all want to see something happen, we all want new stuff for our cars rather than having to recycle cars for parts. Here is the thing, the following isn't big enough. To give you an idea, have a look at how many members are signed up on here, I think it's around the 6000 mark after 6 or 7 years. It's not a lot considering there is only one other Cbody dedicated forum. Then look at the Abody forum attached to this one, it has over 40 000 members and is one forum of many dedicated to Abodies.
Also look at what has been attempted to be achieved here already, we had a lot of discussion on reproducing the 70 to 73 washer bottle, tooling costs and production costs way less than metal work. We even had a number of people looking into producing it and after two years or more, nothing seems to have happened.

I've installed quite a few AMD floor pans and trunk pans and will say if AMD does start making them for C bodies it will be like winning the lottery! They are very nice pieces.

Bob Baker has actually made many very nice reproduction parts for our C bodies, and almost no one is buying them. Nice dash pads and a lot of interior stuff that should be high demand. But the reality is that C body guys don't seem to have much money to buy anything. What else can one conclude?

The guys with the money still want to buy the Chargers, Superbirds, Daytonas, Challengers etc., not the old mens cars like the C bodies! Were just a bunch of losers..........................:wideyed:

I would not Say Bunch of loosers. We are People Who Enjoy driving and Working on our cars within our financial means. C Bodies are not investments for spéculation, but cars for driving. Is that so bad? I would Say, this it what Old cars are made for, to be used, and not to be stored and hidden.

Bob Baker has actually made many very nice reproduction parts for our C bodies, and almost no one is buying them. Nice dash pads and a lot of interior stuff that should be high demand. But the reality is that C body guys don't seem to have much money to buy anything. What else can one conclude?

The guys with the money still want to buy the Chargers, Superbirds, Daytonas, Challengers etc., not the old mens cars like the C bodies! Were just a bunch of losers..........................:wideyed:
And there's the rub, the majority of people playing with these cars are the older generation and while there are some young people in the mix here, the reality is, these cars aren't attracting the attention a lot of our youth. I think it's great there are some that are excited by these cars, there just isn't enough of them. We need the Fast and Furious crowd and similar ilk to highlight a couple of Cbodies in some movie scenes.(70 Sport Fury GT as an example)

I think the point is more the financial capability. C Bodies are easily accessible due to low prices (500 Bucks?) But then you have attracted People Who Do not neccessarily have the financial capability to Buy all parts new. Is that bad? No, it is good, as it Makes driving an Old car accessible. But in Return, you Do not have the buying power for ré manufacturing. And thenagain, c Bodies are not exotic cars, à few 100.000 had been made, and parts can still be sourced easily user and cheap, which again speaks against remanufacturing. If you remanufacture, you need to investissement in dies (toolings), pré finance the products, transport Them, store Them, and only then you can Start to sell.

Correction. I’m pretty sure I was talking with them about full front floor pans. So that would have been 200 ea left & right. I had a good panel at the time. They flat out told me they had no interest in C body cars. In a polite way of course.

Last edited:
I corrected my original post. I talked with them about them stocking the panels. With me the only distributor. Them drop shipping. They didn’t say no to that. Didn’t say yes either. If someone wanted to do this I’d would be interested in partnering. As I have a lot of customers & a fairly well known name. I don’t have the capital to tie up.

Back