Reproduction Wishlist

Wildaugust

Reaction score
When we're working on our C-Bodies we quite often find that we need some hard, if not impossible, to find part or parts. Very few parts are being reproduced, so there's almost no chance of ordering a new part from a catalog. If we can even find an NOS part it will usually be very expensive. Used parts, if we can find them, may not be in any better condition than the part we are trying to replace. In many cases though, we need a part because the original part is missing.

So, maybe just for discussion, maybe just for fun or maybe even for the slight chance that someone in the aftermarket might actually see it, I thought I would start this thread.

If you could have any parts that you wanted reproduced for your C-Body or Imperial, which parts would you ask for? What part or parts would be on your wishlist?

i'll start the thread with my own wish list;

- Lower Steering Column Cover
- Windshield Washer Reservoir (2932830 for '69 C-body, '69-'73 Imperial)
- Tail Light Lenses
- Park Light Lenses
- Outside Rear View Mirrors (1971 & up C-Body)
- Lower Quarter Panels (decent ones)...

I only have one thing on my wish list,

and it would probably solve all my parts problems
sFl_america2.gif

http://youtu.be/7ZrJsrTT4EA
That was not what I was thinking when I clicked on the link.

Posted via Topify on Android

Formal roof rail seals for 1976-78 4 door hardtop C-bodies.

Power brake boosters for 1977-78 Formal C-Bodies.

Torsion bar isolators, tilt/tele turn signal switches, Budd disc brake parts and any front end rebuild parts that are unavailable.

For 70-71 300, et al, those heavy plastic disks for the torsion quiet suspension; correct air breather assembly to replace all of the edlebrock and moroso chrome junk; power window switches and switch banks; steering wheels, rim blow and standard.

-For 1966 Imperial ---

-Windshield washer reservoir!!!
-The inserts in the dash that say "Ignition" and so on
-Reverse lenses
-Wheelcover center medallions

For '74 - '78 cars;

-The wingnut-shaped bolt that holds the fender skirt to the car
-Any and all rubber window weatherstripping

67 Fury taillight lenses with those damn chrome bezels! Or at least the bezels.
64-65 Stewart Warner 100 series console tachs/chrome trim surround and glass lens for console tach.
C body windshields 63-68
funky 63 300 J remote brake booster(in left front wheel well!)
metal 65 300 L and 65 Sport Fury 4 speed top plates. ABC makes good fiberglass replica.
Chrysler 300 J/K/L "cloisenne" emblems. When pigs fly! LOL
79 300 grille emblems

I will add these:

65/66 Chrysler door handles
65/66 Chrysler door handle gaskets
65/66 Chrysler trim clips for the upper trim
Power window switches

I will add these:

65/66 Chrysler door handles
65/66 Chrysler door handle gaskets
65/66 Chrysler trim clips for the upper trim
Power window switches

And the convertible weatherstripping piece(s) that mounts to the top of the quarter window run channel.

All of the above are good suggestions. Might happen, (when pigs fly).
I think trunk and floor pans should be on top of the list. Lots of crossover there.

I have mixed feelings about reproduction stuff. It only helps the Chinese economy for the most part. And being an old school restorer I enjoy the challenge of locating and restoring original stuff. I've seen good original parts discarded for Chinese repops.
If you think Cbody parts are tough to find...... try looking for Packard or Pierce Arrow stuff......!

74-75 Imperial 4 wheel disc brake sparts- especially the rear.

I wouldn't mind seeing some sheet metal done right. I don't know as there's enough of a market to pay for the tooling etc.

For the rest, I'm with Will about the repop stuff. Some is good, but most is marginal or better than nothing at best.

Road wheel centers seem to be a needed item for a lot of guys. They also have a huge crossover from year to year and model to model. I could see those being reproduced and profitable

Back