Rescuing this 1972 Plymouth Fury wagon

mr.twistyneck

Reaction score
Long time lurker first time poster. I have been looking for a 1972 Plymouth station wagon for I don’t know how long. This one is pretty rough and it popped up on Facebook marketplace and kept getting reduced. When it hit $350 I took that as a sign. Nevertheless I remain optimistic. Step one is to pay for it, now complete. Step two get it from the Memphis area to the Nashville area. Oh boy this ought to be fun!

B4F9EFD4-216C-4309-BC1E-1B3C7E8AB1F8.jpeg
CBAA91F0-5AB8-4B77-8A96-9ACEB829DE44.jpeg
9C43A117-4B14-44E5-B213-075AE77F9D15.jpeg
0F8609D9-A986-4618-8FC4-297F8CBC359B.jpeg
B016D5DA-8839-4F72-A185-EFF0687DD83A.jpeg
9074910F-803D-4CCD-B921-C7E8E5E62173.jpeg
1556AFA2-5815-4D76-BD4D-BC2873A66941.jpeg
C862724F-95CC-41CF-85DA-7E2C6C0BDBA1.jpeg

Last edited:
Congratulations and welcome from Tennessee! Please keep us updated with the details and pictures once you get her home and have time to assess her condition.

Welcome and Congrats!!
We were on Joelton a few days ago!!
Now heading to Pigeon Forge!

Perfect! Save her for sure. You will have a head Turner when you get it done.

Welcome and congrats. This is a good place to look for parts, I suspect by the pics you'll need lower rear quarters but I may be wrong. Body panels can be a challenge but you got it at a good price so don't give up, all parts are out there if you're not in a hurry.

Congratulations and welcome, nice save. Car looks nice from the pictures, and a Brougham car to boot! Any engine pictures? Best of luck with it, please let us know what happens once you "dive" into it.

Ok, hurdle #1. I am having it shipped from Drummond Tennessee to Nashville. Obviously it does not have a steering wheel on it LOL. The other small problem is that the seller does not actually have the two rear wheels. So does anybody have any recommendation where I could dig up the steering wheel for that thing and a couple of rims and tires, possibly in the Nashville area?

Ok, hurdle #1. I am having it shipped from Drummond Tennessee to Nashville. Obviously it does not have a steering wheel on it LOL. The other small problem is that the seller does not actually have the two rear wheels. So does anybody have any recommendation where I could dig up the steering wheel for that thing and a couple of rims and tires, possibly in the Nashville area?
I went to school with a guy that used a pair of vise grips when his parents took the steering wheel off his car (true story but not recommended for driving).
I would check Pull- A-Part for some wheels to move the car around. This may at least allow you to move the car off the trailer.

@pomonamissel might still have one.
Otherwise dig through the For Sale section of Interior Parts. Might find an old ad, and you can PM them (Start a Conversation) and ask, just because the ad is old, it doesn't mean they sold the part. A few cars have surfaced over the last year as parts cars, so they are out there.
Also check out car-part.com it's the junkyard network and can tell you what's in any yard that uses the software, which is most, but not all.

Back