Rest in Peace Sargent & Army Combat Veteran Michael Chesna

Ironwolf

Reaction score
When does this insanity end ? This kind of stuff seems to be almost a daily occurrence or maybe for me it just hits to close to home. Sargent Michael Chesna a six year veteran of the Weymouth police department as well as a Combat veteran who served several tours of duty in Afghanistan & Iraq was shot to death / assassinated with his own weapon on Sunday July 15th around 7:30 AM by a 20 year old career felon who was out on $500.00 bail awaiting a July 30th court appearance. Officer Chesna was shot ten times five shots to his head and five to his chest at close range after being struck with a rock. Also shot and killed with Officer Chesna's weapon was a 77 year old elderly woman who was just sitting in her sun porch drinking her morning coffee. Although I did not know officer Chesna I did find out that he had lived in my town (Hanover) and was in fact sort of a neighbor of mine living just several streets away from me. It is overwhelming to see the outpouring of support my town has shown with blue & black ribbons tied to just about every telephone pole not to mention trees & fence posts. (just driving around it is really emotional and hits you hard to see all this support for a fallen officer first hand) I think it's high time for America to get more strict on sentencing of these criminals who shoot & kill any law enforcement officers.

Massachusetts police officer was shot 10 times with his own gun

The latest on the Weymouth shooting that killed Michael Chesna, Vera Adams | Boston.com

images.jpg

I saw an article where ther is a movement of sorts to get the judge off the bench that let the killer out for $500.

Let the judges patrol the streets & see what the officers see on a daily basis. Then let them have to make a split second decision that will either save their life, or the life of someone else, or have them on trial. Their attitudes would change. My youngest brother is "on the job" so things like this hit too close to home for me. Lets always keep those who protect and serve us in our prayers.

Last edited:
Electric chair would be too good for Lopes. Something slower and more painful would be appropriate. Knowing Mass, he'll get life in prison and cost taxpayers $45000/year for 60 years.

There is no reason police offers serving in the line of duty should have a death rate 3 times of all of our active duty military each year.

Back