WANTED RH mirror for 1970 Fury III or part number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveinKY

Reaction score
Contact seller
Looking for a Right Side mirror for a 1970 Plymouth Fury III. Also, does anyone know the mirrors part number?
Thank you in advance,
Steve

2935804 is incorrect

that is the casting # on it which may be used on other mirrors

2945608 is the right side companion to the left remote mirror

2935338 is right manual used with a left manual one same as 2999120, 2935804 is the casting # on this one

in general numbers on mirror bases are not in the part book

buying a mirror based on casting #s may get you the correct base but the head may not be correct

I have 2935338 NOS. fits 1969-70 Fury

Also have 2935337 NOS Left manual mirror 1969-70 Fury 2935806 cast on base

*Also note that when a part is made of more than one component, this mirror, or a tail light assy that the #s on the parts are valid #s but were not serviced separately. A classic example are lenses. They have a number on them but it is not correct because the lens is serviced with a gasket. The part number in the book is a lens pkg (lens/gasket).

Example: 3420631 LEFT PARK LENS/GASKET 3403221 cast on part 1970-71 Chrysler

The question is Why the hell didn't they just put the correct # on the part?

Last edited:
Thank you very much for the replies. My car has the remote left hand mirror, but the right hand mirror is of the manual type (only two screw holes are present on the right hand door). So here comes the dumb question...I would be looking for 29????? I took it from your post that you have the mirror I am needing for sale?

Last edited:
A follow-up question. My memory tells me that the Dodge and Plymouth bases for the outside mirrors were different. Can anyone confirm?

Hollander shows that the Dodge and Plymouth door shells are different. 70 Plymouth has one shell. Dodge has a different shell. May be PM Marty

Per the last paragraph, they are different

1970 Fury Side View Mirrors
A few years back mirrors were discussed in depth on the drydock when Scott was building his '69 vert. I copied the following, unfortunately I can't remember who the author was. Anyhow here it is.

Wow, there's alot of INCORRECT information floating around in this thread. 2999 125 off the top of my head is correct for a *mate to left remote* right side door mirror for '69 & '70 Fury. If you look in the parts book the CORRECT number is 2945 608 but 2999 125 is a correct supercede. There are other supercede numbers as well, they used to appear on Partsvoice for Arizona Parts when they still had stock.

Now there is also another right side mirror, which is a *mate to left manual* style and has the exposed ball joint.

Manual mirrors do match to both doors, as much as the 2945 608 matches a remote style left mirror. I just sold a manual left mirror 2935 337 for a 69 Fury on Ebay. The matching right mirror is 2935 338. Take note that the part numbering on these mirrors did not match Chrysler convention for using an even number for the last digit to represent a passenger side part.

For 1969 and then 1970 convertibles there were 2 part numbers for a left remote mirror, depending on whether or not the car had vent wings. The only difference was the cable length because ventless glass required a much longer cable to get around the glass which on a car with vent wings would terminate at the vent, right where the mirror mounts. That is true for both Plymouth and Dodge/Chrysler models.

Fuselage C mirrors are different than any other, yes, but also the Plymouth mirror is different than the Chrysler/Dodge mirror for '69 and '70 vintage. The plymouth mirror has a stubby base compared to the Dodge mirror. The heads are identical.

That can be taken as gospel!

Summary
69-70 Fury

Left
remote - 2935 873
manual - 2935 337

right (match left style)
remote - 2945 608 - superceded by 2999 125
manual - 2935 338

Just found this .
NOS Mopar Door Mirror 1969-70 Plymouth Fury Left Manual - Hiltop Auto Parts

2999120-350x350.jpg