Rim swap question

Mr onetwo

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hey there guys...I have a 1993 Dodge D150 2wd pickup that I want to convert from 15" to 16" rims before I buy new tires. The truck part is easy. My question is what would be involved in converting my 1968 Newport over to the 5 on 5.5 x 7" wide rims that are on the truck. I plan on going to front discs anyway ,so maybe I could kill 2 birds with 1 stone...16" on the truck and 15" on the vert. I have expanded my garage this summer and the car is coming home next week...can't wait!!Your thoughts are appreciated!

The sell adaptors (not recommended, in my opinion). Otherwise, you'd need new rotors/ axles with the desired bolt circle.

It would be far cheaper to buy some regular Mopar 5x 4.5 steel rims from a wrecking yard and go from there.

Hey there guys...I have a 1993 Dodge D150 2wd pickup that I want to convert from 15" to 16" rims before I buy new tires. The truck part is easy. My question is what would be involved in converting my 1968 Newport over to the 5 on 5.5 x 7" wide rims that are on the truck. I plan on going to front discs anyway ,so maybe I could kill 2 birds with 1 stone...16" on the truck and 15" on the vert. I have expanded my garage this summer and the car is coming home next week...can't wait!!Your thoughts are appreciated!

Sell the truck rims to somebody restoring a '56 Imperial. That's the bolt circle size on those cars. Take the $$ from the sale of your wheels and buy some 5x4.5x7" wheels for the Newport.

Many choices in new 5 x 4.5"D wheels. Many A-body owners change to 1973+ front end to get to those wheels (from 5 x 4"D). I don't know how you could even drill your hubs for 5.5"D and wheel adapters are expensive and less safe.

Back