Rim to Rotor fitment

mr. fix it

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
now that I’ve completed the disc swap I’ve hit a slight bump in the road...
The Córdoba rims won’t fit onto the rotors

The problem is the inner diameter on the rim near the dress cap where it narrows by about .0025”
I thought at first that the rotors I saved from the Newport was big and thick and the rotors that these rims came off of were a different shape
The rims almost fit but the last 1/4” is where there is a space between the rim and rotor

Has anyone else seen this before?
If so what was your solution?
I’m thinking of turning the end of the rotors down to accommodate the interference since the rim is very thin near where the dress caps attach.
I’m on my cell so I’ll post fresh pics later

I have to use a .25" (6.35mm) spacer with anything other than the factory steel wheels with the factory BUDD calipers on mine.

It's what made me go to longer studs up front as I didn't think the factory studs gave enough purchase with the spacer.

I have to use a .25" (6.35mm) spacer with anything other than the factory steel wheels with the factory BUDD calipers on mine.

It's what made me go to longer studs up front as I didn't think the factory studs gave enough purchase with the spacer.
I agree on this comment
I thought about a spacer and thought I would need longer studs

What wheel stud did you end up using?

I'm trying to locate some locally and getting the dumb look since there isn't a std application to go from at the local parts suppliers...

:stop: Sorry sir we need the year make and model before we will even crack open a webpage to see if they make that!:stop:

Back