RIP- Eddie Van Halen

No one knows what became of Waldo.

FFCBD77A-ED73-4AAC-BB03-A34212485BE1.png

I'm stunned, truly. Just 65 years old, man. Eddie Van Halen and Neil Peart are two of my absolute favorite rockers. Losing them both in the truly ******-up year 2020 is a kick in the balls. Just beyond sad.

Another loss of a great musician. I saw Van Halen as an opening act for Black Sabbath in the summer of '78 just after the release of their debut album. They blew the audience away and Eddie's guitar playing was all the crowd was talking about on the way out.

I have seen Van Halen in concert back in 1984 and 1986 . I even drove a 1957 plymouth to the 1 in 1986 and I did get lots of attention with the car I remember turning into the parking lot with this car and their road crew members were looking at the car.

Eruption is arguably (although tough to think of another on this day) the greatest hard rock/metal intro to a song EVER. A soundscape into outer space. Hopefully he's playing with one of the other guitar heroes of my youth, Dimebag Darrell this evening.

One love Eddie, you inspired generations and changed the game.

View attachment 407183
The original FrankenStrat which was black and seen on the back of Van Halen first album was buried with Dimebag.Eddy put it in his casket during the funeral.

The first Van Halen album,front n back, was the greatest rock debut ever!

I would challenge that against G n R Appetite for Destruction.
I would Challenge both against The debut of Moby Grape. But we could discuss this all day long. They are All Classics and what makes them stand the test of time is their originality.

I would Challenge both against The debut of Moby Grape. But we could discuss this all day long. They are All Classics and what makes them stand the test of time is their originality.

Challenge accepted-Alice in Chains Facelift-personal fave.

Back