Road trip

65sporty

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
So we took a long weekend and went to Iowa to visit my brother, my oldest niece graduated highschool. I don't know how much road salt they use there compared to Mi but I saw some really clean older cars and trucks. Super clean late 80's Chevy square body truck, early 70's Chevy long box truck really clean but the paint was starting to fade some. Lots of 80's and 90's cars looking really good.
Anyone else see this in the Midwest? When going through Illinois and Indiana cars aren't a whole lot different than here rust wise. I may road trip to Iowa when I look for another truck.
Any thoughts????

So we took a long weekend and went to Iowa to visit my brother, my oldest niece graduated highschool. I don't know how much road salt they use there compared to Mi but I saw some really clean older cars and trucks. Super clean late 80's Chevy square body truck, early 70's Chevy long box truck really clean but the paint was starting to fade some. Lots of 80's and 90's cars looking really good.
Anyone else see this in the Midwest? When going through Illinois and Indiana cars aren't a whole lot different than here rust wise. I may road trip to Iowa when I look for another truck.
Any thoughts????
Worth it just for the trip, if you can find the time... try to match up dates with some event you want to check out and have at it.

Their'z a serious Mopar Show somewhere in the QUAD CITY AREA every summer. Lemme check with ah long time Car-Bud out there in the Corn Patch and I'll find out for you, Jer...HELL, THAT WAZ FAST. DUBUQUE, IA. Sunday August 28th. Mopars on the river. Dubuque County Fair Groundz TAH-TA... UH-RAH The memory bankz are still workin'

Last edited:
Lots of dry metal in the midwest, stop in a local cafe and ask if any old cars / pickups are around for sale. Amazing at what is around locally. Happy hunting!

Back