road wheels?

moparblood

Reaction score
ok, just got a 70 furyIII conv. rim is bent.
i want to replace it. but i found that the 1 i have is all chrome.
all the ones i see have seen have the painted silver or gray section.
not having much luck on info for the all chrome. can someone set me straight please?

One of 2 things...

The silver/argent paint is worn off revealing the chrome plating.

OR

You have the aluminum ones from a later B/R/M body car that are all one color.

A picture would help.

One of 2 things...

The silver/argent paint is worn off revealing the chrome plating.

OR

You have the aluminum ones from a later B/R/M body car that are all one color.

A picture would help.

IMG_2846.JPG

Would you have a non moving picture of your wheel , this one is too blurry too know what the rim is made of . We need clear detailed picture of the centre area where the argent paint would be .

On the W23 16-slot Class II 15x6 road wheels which came on my '70 Monaco, the centers were chromed with argent paint on the smooth section surrounding where the center cam goes. With the outer section of the rim being painted normal "wheel black", which is covered by the trim ring.

The mentioned 15x7 wheels were, as for as I could tell back then, on the '77 Chrysler LeBaron ("M") platform cars. Not sure if they were painted similarly.

There were also some 15x5.5 full aluminum wheels which went on the '79 Chrysler (B) 300s and others which used wheel covers rather than the add-on appliques which the 300s used. But the width of the trim ring indicates that that is not what you have.

The chrome on my W23s is a satin chrome, not a hard shiny chrome as a bumper or "show chrome" is.

Depending upon how "bent" you wheel might be, there is a possibility that a good wheel shop MIGHT be able to straighten it. I suspect that area would be hidden by the trim ring anyway? Considering the observed rarity (at least in my part of the world) of the 15x7 16-slot wheels, that might be the better option?

Enjoy the car!
CBODY67

On the W23 16-slot Class II 15x6 road wheels which came on my '70 Monaco, the centers were chromed with argent paint on the smooth section surrounding where the center cam goes. With the outer section of the rim being painted normal "wheel black", which is covered by the trim ring.

The mentioned 15x7 wheels were, as for as I could tell back then, on the '77 Chrysler LeBaron ("M") platform cars. Not sure if they were painted similarly.

There were also some 15x5.5 full aluminum wheels which went on the '79 Chrysler (B) 300s and others which used wheel covers rather than the add-on appliques which the 300s used. But the width of the trim ring indicates that that is not what you have.

The chrome on my W23s is a satin chrome, not a hard shiny chrome as a bumper or "show chrome" is.

Depending upon how "bent" you wheel might be, there is a possibility that a good wheel shop MIGHT be able to straighten it. I suspect that area would be hidden by the trim ring anyway? Considering the observed rarity (at least in my part of the world) of the 15x7 16-slot wheels, that might be the better option?

Enjoy the car!
CBODY67

15.jpg

Definitely the 15x7s. Pretty hard to find those at all, let alone in amazing shape like the ones you have.

The centers should be painted Argent if my memory is correct.

Here is a 15x7 chrome styled roadwheel, you can see the chrome under the worn off Argent/silver center.
20200830_194747.jpg

no chrome, but i'm wondering if someone sanded the paint off.
can someone set me straight on this?

Back