Rock Auto - has 1973 Brake Calipers in stock - Cardone

Bigasawhale2

Reaction score
Hi All,
Rock auto has calipers back in stock.
I have both of my 68's converted to 1973 disc.....and have been looking for a spare set

Came coated, with slide pins + retainer
Pleasantly surprised ($38.79 + 12.60 core = $51.39)

Hi All,
I have both of my 68's converted to 1973 disc.....and have been looking for a spare set

i have had bad luck with them buyer beware if the parts stores have a problem with a part they dump them on rock auto my cousin works in a indipendent gargue they had a ton of problems with rock auto & if the r a1 cardone thats anouther strip agaisnt them i will not use a A1 CARDONE PART I WILL HAVE MINE REBUILT FIRST OR BUY NOS

Not to discredit the OP, but buyer beware of Cardone. Their interpretation of "rebuilt" is media blast and paint it, without disassembling it.

If you buy a set, rebuilt it again.

EDIT: I also had a marginal quality rebuilt caliper from Raybestos, a few years ago. Didn't realize until I found it to be sticking, due to excessive corrosion in the dust boot channel area.

Last edited:
Not to discredit the OP. but buyer beware of Cardone. Their interpretation of "rebuilt" is media blast and paint it, without disassembling it.

If you buy a set, rebuilt it again.
yes if they didnt screw them up when they rebuilt them . i had tat happen with a 87 dodge truck .i had to get a pair from a junk yard & have them rebuilt mine was non rebuildable the bore was r=too badly scored my truck had a hard life before i got it

Avoid Cardone at all costs. It's that simple. Any time you need parts for your old ride get a hold of fellow member Craig @mobileparts. He specializes in parts for our beloved old cars.

Stay away from Cardon, I agree w/ @mrfury68 and getting them warranted is even worst. You can rebuild your own w/ 1973 Dodge Challenger parts. See @Ayliar post on his Introducing a 1970 300 TNT convertible thread for details on how to rebuild it.

Rock is a last resort for me. I’ve had very few transactions with them and most have left me frustrated for one reason or another.

The main thing I use RockAuto for is their catalogs, pricing, and other information.

Take the A-1 Cardone part number and change the location of the "-" and it becomes the same part number that NAPA uses, or used to be that way. Or used to be that way.

No matter of where a company/vendor is headquartered, it's where the parts are actually done that matters. AND to what pricepoint they are willing to pay their subcontractor to make the profits they might desire.

Just some observations,
CBODY67

Never had a problem with Rock Auto, as long as you know what you are looking at and the brand you are getting, I generally buy new not rebuilt. Cardone on the other hand is junk as stated above, not even worth the weight in scrap.

Hi All,

What brand were your calipers? I.E. what company was the rebuilder?

Hi All,

Are these for the 1.25" rotor? Even if they are crap rebuild, cheaper then scrap yard core, if you can find. I just went through all that with my Imperial.

I am going to order a pair, then take the calipers apart to see what's going on with the rebuild.

Back