Rocker Panel Fury 1967 Draining Holes missing

• Thread starter Deleted member 8761
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 8761

I was wondering about rusty rocker panels after only 6 Years of complete restoration by the pre-owner. When I had a new Roof-Top installed, I found out, that the water, wat runs towards the C-Pilar, does not run out of the car....
Unfortunally, the pre-owner of my 1967 Plymouth Fury III Convertible, has weldet the rusty rear part of the outer rocker panels from underneth, while covering it with a piece of sheet. Now the draining holes are completly closed - not existing anymore on both sides. As I now restoration the complete body again, I need to know the exact positions and dimension of the holes. Furys are very rare in good old Germany. I only have a picture of a new rocker panel.
Can anyone send a picture of good rocker panel and maybe messure the (I guess) three holes underneth the rear part of the rocker panel. Would be great !!!!
bad rocker panel.jpg
Rocker Panel Links 1.jpg

I'm not totally familiar with your specific car but as I understand the drainage openings for Mopar rockers are the ones I kinda circled below. Not at all sure what the round holes in the rear of that rocker are for.
upload_2020-8-4_9-36-25.png

This is the original sheet metal from my '67 Sport Fury. It has 4 drain holes as shown, believe the NOS one you show may be for a different model. If you need need more measurements or pics I can accommodate later in week when I take the car out.
rocker.jpg

I guess there is a difference with the convertible version. The NOS picture shows 3 round holes, wich may be necessary to drain the incomming water from the roof top. Does anyone have a picture of a convertible ?

A few things...
-- Rockers are the same on 2 door htp & convertible.
-- Picture shown is a convertible.
-- The round holes are not drain holes. The drain holes are those shown circled in red.
-- The end area where the round holes are is covered by the quarter panel which has its own drain hole. Yours is missing, likely that section was rusted out.
-- The overlapping transition between the quarter and the rocker is covered with filler from the factory. They made the visible top seam smooth but usually didn't worry too much about the lower horizontal seam smoothness because it couldn't be seen from the top.

Thank You, this is very helpful. Do You know, were the water will drain, that runs beside the Rofftop, into the quater panel.

There is a gutter or drain channel in the 1/4 glass area of our 66 coronet convertible. It directs water forward towards the rear drain. Your fury should have something similar.

Back