Roll In at the Drive Inn

LocuMob

Fluid Technician with a hat
Reaction score
The local Drive In in Blue Earth said they were gonna have a Roll In so I stopped on by. Not bad for twenty minutes in, there were eighteen cars when I left for work, and I saw two more heading there. Funny thing was, they all parked in front of the body shop next door, all the towns folks parked at the Drive In, except me! Maybe they will figure it out over the next couple of months. They have had some clubs stop by with a half dozen cars or so, but this is the first time I've seen anything organized. They had a DJ, and the carhops were in skirts and tops looking like it was the late 50's again. I'll stop by on my way to work next week!

IMG_20180607_172818.jpg

You can see my car way back there.

Not sure when the Drive In will have another roll in, so I thought I'd post pics from all the car shows I've gone to, and will go to, this season.

I attended the Winnebago Fun Fest car show and got a plaque, because they have twenty-five of them, and only twenty-two cars (hot, humid day), nothing like getting something by default! My friend had his '71 GTX 440 Six Barrel 4 speed there as usual, and the '73 Challenger from my town was there, that guy does some nice airbrushing. (Sorry, no pic of the car!)

IMG_20180617_112313.jpg

IMG_20170618_113655.jpg

Last edited:
I took a leap of faith, and went on a trust building weekend with my Polara. The car that got me into C Bodies. I had never taken the car more than two hours or so away from home before, and I had never left the state with it. Being as my 500 was still not running, I loaded up spare tires and parts, a floor jack, jack stands, tools, and hit the road to Volo. The car ran great and got better mileage then I planned for. I had a blast going to two car shows, and put on over 1,000 miles in the three days I was gone.

Volo.

PHOTOS of 2nd Annual C-Body Meet at the Volo Auto Museum

IMG_20180623_134104.jpg

At @sixpkrt's shop, I got to drive the Imperial around the building! My video didn't turn out. :(

IMG_20180623_203636.jpg

And the Chicagoland Mopar Connection Mopars at the Park show, where some of the members that went to Volo attended. Beautiful weather for both days, awesome experience all around.

Pics from CMC Mopar show 6/24

IMG_20180624_121415.jpg

Last edited:
Don't know why they don't do that every week. The one time the do have it, was poorly advertised I felt.
My car had a trans leak from the trip to Mopars in the Park.

Don't know why they don't do that every week. The one time the do have it, was poorly advertised I felt.
My car had a trans leak from the trip to Mopars in the Park.

I was expecting more of them, not just the one. Must have cost them a bit of coin the way they did the first one, DJ, a bunch of car hops, and whatever advertising they did, I only saw the sign out front three or four days before. It seemed like it could have been a regular thing. Oh well.

I think it was a chamber deal. Yes, I thought the owner of the drive in was planning on more but who knows.

The 500 made it out to the Sunny Slope Moparty saturday, and lost it's first race. I could cry about a slipping trans and poorly tuned carb, but I won't cause I knew all about that and wanted to see how the car was. Got my data. :rofl: It needs a weekend test and tune day.

The Slope was a good time, it started later, so aside from the family trucks, I was the first one there, when I thought I was late! My phone died and rather than save the pictures I had just taken, it made some collage from pictures from a week ago. I did get one picture, one.

IMG_20180811_184633.jpg

I don't know about you, but these things are everywhere! Ok, they're not, but I've seen four of them this year, so they have been coming out. I look forward to next year's event and movie, they had the Blues Brothers this year, Vanishing Point last year. Thanks to Todd, Tim, and Trent, for having us again!

I think it was a chamber deal. Yes, I thought the owner of the drive in was planning on more but who knows.
I was ready to plan that into my pre-work schedule, great way to start my night.

I've never heard of these weekday evening car shows called a "roll in" before. Around here we call them "cruise nights".
Cruise nights around me, usually have a cruise involved, some.loop, or go from one place to another. The Roll In, well, everyone rolls in in whatever ya brung.

I took a leap of faith, and went on a trust building weekend with my Polara. The car that got me into C Bodies. I had never taken the car more than two hours or so away from home before, and I had never left the state with it. Being as my 500 was still not running, I loaded up spare tires and parts, a floor jack, jack stands, tools, and hit the road to Volo. The car ran great and got better mileage then I planned for. I had a blast going to two car shows, and put on over 1,000 miles in the three days I was gone.

Volo.

PHOTOS of 2nd Annual C-Body Meet at the Volo Auto Museum

View attachment 194209

At @sixpkrt's shop, I got to drive the Imperial around the building! My video didn't turn out. :(

View attachment 194210

And the Chicagoland Mopar Connection Mopars at the Park show, where some of the members that went to Volo attended. Beautiful weather for both days, awesome experience all around.

Pics from CMC Mopar show 6/24

View attachment 194211
How'd you like driving the Imperial? Purty long hood, right? :lol:

Here in Finland most cruise nights are called cruisings but most of them are standing at the parking lot.

42nd annual Auto Restorers Club Southern Minnesota car show, the first official show for the 500.

IMG_20180916_123812.jpg

Ran into a friend I haven't seen in eighteen years, he's got a bad *** car that he's owned since high school. Fresh 512 that he just broke in. He was letting kids jump inside and check it out, and told one girl to shut the door hard, and she did!

IMG_20180916_120154.jpg

I don't know about you, but these things are everywhere! Ok, they're not, but I've seen four of them this year, so they have been coming out. I look forward to next year's event and movie, they had the Blues Brothers this year, Vanishing Point last year. Thanks to Todd, Tim, and Trent, for having us again!

img_20180811_184633-jpg.jpg

I got my blue leather wrapped steering wheel out of one of those in Pennsylvania that a tree fell on the passenger A-pillar. Poor car.....

DSC01969.JPG

Charger Daytona (Cordoba-bodied)= comparably psychedelic.

Back