Roof repair

imperial

Reaction score
I have a '70 new yorker and it has the typical "vinyl top rot" by the back window on the driver's side. I have noticed there is a hole that has developed in that area and I am curious as to what it might cost to get it fixed.

The best bet is to go to a trusted auto body shop that will remove the glass without breaking it and done this type of repair already. Remember it can have a "snowball" effect so talk to someone about the vinyl roof and what might need to be done.

IMG_20200829_101025.jpg
IMG_20200612_160204.jpg

Here's mine before and after. Local metal man, also did some work on quarter panel lip. Charged me $2300, just to do the metal work....

Yikes! That was some bad rust,thank you for the reply.
The only way to tell is to remove the vinyl top so all the problems are visible, then take it to a reputable body man as stated above. Mine is a desert car also but has the same rust around the base of the rear windshield, front edge of the Dutchman panel which also caused the trunk pan to rust. Rain gets in, sits without drying on lightly painted surfaces because of poorly designed drainage and rusts. It sucks but most of us are dealing with or have dealt with the same issue and no reputable company makes replacement panels for c-bodies so the only option is to have a body man cut and replace the rotten metal.

I knew I had rot beneath the rear window trim, but didn’t expect the ventilation speed holes in the A pillars...currently looking for a rot free sedan roof
F5363E8D-52BC-4385-A778-56BA68CBE0B6.jpeg

Back