Roy Clark: Awesome Guitarist

1970FuryConv

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
I was watching this last night and just had to share it. Wow! One of the greatest players ever.
Malaguena

Folsom Prison Blues (And funny too).

Totally agree...following him forever...another under-rated guitarist Brian Setzer...and Lindsey Buckingham.

Mopar guy too...

sc0513-164047_2@2x.jpg

My favorites..

If it doesn't have a Pedal Steel Guitar, it is just noise! IMHO. One of my Steels recently restored (was custom made for Speedy West for anyone that knows of him - kinda like finding Elvis Presley's guitar). I can't always work on my Sport Fury even if it needs it. Also, a snappy little tune by Tony Browne

IMG_4944.JPG

IMG_4948.JPG

Last edited:
I always had a soft spot for all of the folks from Hee-Haw, I did like Buck Owens a little bit better, but Roy was also very talented.

Roy Clarks Malaguena is excellent, if you appreciate this beautiful piece try out Jose Feliciano's version!

Wow! Thank you everyone for the posts! I was just but a wee lad when my Mom and Dad would watch shows on TV with Roy; I never realized how talented he was. Thank you for taking me back to a time to when my parents were alive and loved great music like Roy would put down. Thanks!

Roy could sure pick a mean banjo too. Paco, who is no longer with us, but he also picks a mean guitar with here with Al. Paco's the one without the glasses.

Love Roy Clark. If it has strings, he can play it.

Tommy Emmanuel is pretty handy too.

Kevin

Yep , very good player , seen him some years ago here in the Netherlands..
My nephew played together with him in a gitar store some miles from here when he was giving a session…….

If it doesn't have a Pedal Steel Guitar, it is just noise! IMHO. One of my Steels recently restored (was custom made for Speedy West for anyone that knows of him - kinda like finding Elvis Presley's guitar). I can't always work on my Sport Fury even if it needs it. Also, a snappy little tune by Tony Browne

View attachment 207788

View attachment 207789

Gorgeous instrument!

I've played 6 string most of my life. At one point I picked up a student model Carter pedal which I worked to play for many years. Never got much beyond basic chord progressions. That machine ain't for the faint of heart!

Gorgeous instrument!

I've played 6 string most of my life. At one point I picked up a student model Carter pedal which I worked to play for many years. Never got much beyond basic chord progressions. That machine ain't for the faint of heart!
You just have to learn a lot of new swear words, add them to the ones you already know and grind your teeth down to the gums. Many, many hours and many, many years and walla, you got Twinkle Twinkle Little Star down to perfection!

You just have to learn a lot of new swear words, add them to the ones you already know and grind your teeth down to the gums. Many, many hours and many, many years and walla, you got Twinkle Twinkle Little Star down to perfection!
That's about the gyst of it. I sometimes wish I'd stuck it out but I figure I play enough instruments that I can me happy just listening to someone play steel well.

Back