RR

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluefury361

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
[h=2]BARN FIND... without the barn 70 RR[/h]I know....I know...... It's a B body.... Some of you guys like these though.
Word of mouth led me to this 70 Road Runner near me. Complete car minus engine and trans. Looks to have been a 383 auto column. RM21

I knocked on the door but no answer. I took these pictures but didn't dig to deep without permission.
It looks like it's been sitting for there for a long time. The rust I could see is typical and less then average for these cars. It was a vinyl top car which explanes the rust in the C piller and rear window frame. 1/4's not to bad, fenders and under hood area looked good.
I didn't open the doors but could view the interior through the vent glass. No visiable daylight in the floors and dash and seats looked pretty good and original. Don't know about the trunk floor.

I was told the asking price was $4500.00.... Probably some wiggle room there.
If anyone is interested I'll follow up. Located in Birmingham Alabama area.

Will.

70 RR 1 (Large).jpg

70 RR 2 (Large).jpg

70 RR 3 (Large).jpg

70 RR 4 (Large).jpg

70 RR 5 (Large).jpg

70 RR 6 (Large).jpg

70 RR 7 (Large).jpg

70 RR 8 (Large).jpg

70 RR tag (Large).jpg

Oh stop it, Will. There's nothing left. It's not even worth the gas money to drag it to the crusher. Even the VIN is rusted beyond use.

About the RR...it wishes it would have been in a barn but I appreciate it, I kinda like to see them when they're rusty. Not too far gone to be saved and not hiding anything.
the new avatar...Bwahahahahaha!

I agree it can be saved. More of a project than I would take on.

I knew that's what you were up to...so nurturing!

Oh stop it, Will. There's nothing left. It's not even worth the gas money to drag it to the crusher. Even the VIN is rusted beyond use.

Still selling faster and for a higher price than a rock solid favorite color C-body I believe.

Smarter yes; we'd keep our hands away from it all if we were actually smart. :)

Oh stop it, Will. There's nothing left. It's not even worth the gas money to drag it to the crusher. Even the VIN is rusted beyond use.[/QUOTE
]

I went back for a good look and was supprised to find the floor pans, inner 1/4's, trunk floor and frame rails to be solid.... Just a little surface rust.
The factory code for the "Go wing" in on the tag, (very rare), as well as rocker moldings, hood pins and A/C. To bad the original 383 and trans are missing.

Another thing..... It matches Stans hair.....:icon_geek:

The roof and rear window are rusting away and I guarantee the firewall is rotting from the inside out.......at best its a parts car, if you can find some on it

The roof and rear window are rusting away and I guarantee the firewall is rotting from the inside out.......at best its a parts car, if you can find some on it

AHHhhhh....... The doom sayers........ Repent.... all cars are rusty... get a boat...!:cussing:

Your guarantee would't hold up here Dave.... I checked .... No cowl rust.... No inner fender rust...... no front fender rust.....
It would be a parts car if it were a Cbody....... This one will see life again.... Hell..... A power wash will appreciate it.....

Hell, nowadays you could get every panel or part from aftermatkets, i hope somebody has the energy and money to restore it!
AHHhhhh....... The doom sayers........ Repent.... all cars are rusty... get a boat...!:cussing:

Your guarantee would't hold up here Dave.... I checked .... No cowl rust.... No inner fender rust...... no front fender rust.....
It would be a parts car if it were a Cbody....... This one will see life again.... Hell..... A power wash will appreciate it.....

Price is a little high and it's a little far otherwise that'd be right up my alley, atleast you can flip through a catalog and order body parts for it.

Nick

I've restored worse and have one in my shop that is much worse but have every piece of metal needed to return it to rust free. If I don't do it someone will.

the firewall is not a weak point on the 68-70 B-bodys. Only the 71&up models have major rust issues there often or the cowl problems of early B-bodys.

This RR will survive, factory EV2 car, unfortunatly fender tag is full of dirt and not completly readable on the picture. If it is a factory J81 rear spoiler car it is somewhat later built as the spoiler got introduced during the model year.4500$ sounds reasonable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back