Rubber Body Plugs for 69 Plymouth Fury III Convertible

SFMajor

Reaction score
I am in need of new rubber body plugs for my 69 Fury III. Are the Body Plugs universal for all 69 Plymouth's? I see a lot of sites for A,B and E model body plugs. But not C-model bodies.

Thanks,
Major

I am in need of new rubber body plugs for my 69 Fury III. Are the Body Plugs universal for all 69 Plymouth's? I see a lot of sites for A,B and E model body plugs. But not C-model bodies.

Thanks,
Major

The convertibles have a different trunk floor layout with the plugs in a different location. There are some suppliers that stock universal replacement plugs, you need to measure the size and can order from that to plug the holes. A lot of the A, B and E models use the same size plugs as C Bodies, just a matter of finding ones that are the right size.

Dave

Last edited:
I found a body plug set for a 65 Fury. C Bodies just don't get much love on the sites. I'll call the site and inquire. the biggest challenge are the larger body plugs.

some of the kits sold are a very thin plastic , not rubber. buyer beware.

There might be a few unique plugs for C-bodies, but I also suspect they were more Chrysler-universal than not, among the carlines. Most of the restoration activity is in the A/B/E-body area, so that's what is normally in their catalogs. If you ask the salespeople if they stock C-body plugs, they'll probably look/act dumbfounded and say "No we don't". They're just going by what the catalog model use is listed as. Important to get the dimensions and look for them that way, not getting concerned with what body series or model years they might fit. When Gary Goers had his original business (now sold and moved to another place), he had multitudes of body plugs for Chrysler Products, but many prior to 1965 or so. Roger Gibson and other noted Chrysler restorers might be a good place to start looking (with pictures and dimensions).

If there's a Chrysler parts book for '69 or '70 that you can download from www.mymopar.com, you might find some factory part numbers that might help in your search. IF you can decipher the illustrations and related parts listings. Just don't limit your search to just a few vendors, although many will have the same stuff from their same suppliers.

Might even be some plugs that'll fir that aren't supposed to fit Chrysler products, too!

Enjoy!
CBODY67

Thanks, With C-Bodies and parts, its always homework. I have brought home parts from Arizona, Texas and South Dakota for this 69 Fury III Convertible. Lots of OEM parts, and mapping out everything. When finished it will retain all matching numbers, but it will be in the modified class for any ride in shows.

BTW SFMajor, Thumbz up to your Avitar, Big John. Take your caliper and mike the holes that you're having trouble finding the right sizes on. Then web search Mr G's web site in Ft. Worth, Tx. and search their internet catalog 'til you find the right ones. Ah piece-ah-cake, Jer

Excellent, will do. All of the responses have been very helpful. BTW, The Movie "The Green Berets", staring John Wayne was the only movie on the Vietnam war that showed US Forces in a positive light. I have had the pleasure of actually going to the various locations where some of the movie scenes were filmed. I also attended some military training classes at the some of the barracks at Ft. Bragg, NC that were shown in the movie. Sadly, they have all been torn down now.

Yes and from what I've read, The Duke waz instrumental in putting that film out and with That Positive Light. That's just the way he waz in real life too so I've been told. I never had the pleasure of shaking his hand but I've been privileged to know ah few that have. GL with your chase on the body plugs. Buying one of their catalogs iz worth the price to just to have their phone # handy. A Lotta knowledge on this site. We all know something, Jer

Back