Running and driving!

Justin Patton

Reaction score
I have owned the 68 300 since Aug 2016. I have it running and driving. I have managed to complete all the work myself so far, but I am getting to a point that I am going to have to start paying people to do the interior and a possible light rebuild on the engine. I left the New Mexico sun patina and just had it clear coated. People either love or hate it. I love it

IMG_0843.JPG

IMG_0971.JPG

IMG_0842.JPG

IMG_0561.JPG

IMG_0565.JPG

I have since cleaned up the engine, changed the radiator, hoses, converted to a Saginaw PS pump, pulled the gas tank and cleaned it out, changed all fluids. Fixed trans pan leak, rear diff leak, PS pump leak, PS gear leak, radiator leak, Water pump leak.......basically she was pissing out of every orifice she has. Pulled the heater core and blower motor unit, to get the dead rat out of there. That was a fun job. New wheels and tires (18" Rim with 4.5 offset, 8.5 inches wide). I just dropped it two inches in the back with lowering blocks. Changed all the bulbs and rewired almost everything in the engine compartment, since the rat chewed through it all. I still have a lot of work to do though..............

Oh yeah, put a Edelbrock 750 CFM carb on it. I still have to change the head gasket, valve seals, all the suspension and steering rubber components, 3 rubber brake lines, and the interior is pretty bad

Looks good! We don't all need a hundred point show car. It can be fun to just get them to where you can drive them. :icon_fU:

I love that you're preserving and enjoying it, way to go!:thumbsup:
I also love that it's a silver car, what color is the interior?

Thank you Sirs! the interior is black on black. Im super proud of getting it running and driving myself. It was sitting for 25+ years. Its crazy the connection you make when you do most of the work yourself.

Console or buddy seat?

Thank you Sirs! the interior is black on black. Im super proud of getting it running and driving myself. It was sitting for 25+ years. Its crazy the connection you make when you do most of the work yourself.
Indeed it is! Awesome work and an awesome car. Keep her rollin!

First thing first, brakes, brakes, brakes. Other then that, I love it.

Don't mind the patina, just knock down the gloss clear so its not shinny.

Yeah, I was a little torn on the how shiny to go on the clear coat. It's shinier than it will be in a couple of days. That was a picture right after he got done. I did a satin finish in between flat and gloss. I like it with a little bit of shine on it though.

Its bucket seats with the console and performance indicator. I love the shifter on the floor with that performance indicator......one of my favorite things about the car. replaced the vacuum line going to it and works like a charm.

Yes Sir, you are right Jake. I went through and checked all of them, flushed the brake fluid and bled them. I definitely should've made those rubber brake lines a priority more than I have. As soon as I get it back from my paint guy tomorrow, I'm changing those hoses.

Yes Sir, as a matter of fact the person I got it from in New Mexico was getting ready to have it hauled off with some old ford long beds by a junk yard. I'm so glad I got a hold of it.

Thank you Sir, 39 yoa, Never really did too much mechanically....just the basics. I have learned so much just from trial and error. Makes me wish I had started tinkering more a lot younger.

Back