rust in the truck of my 71 newport

• Thread starter Deleted member 220
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 220

20130408_180834.jpg20130408_180911.jpg20130408_180926.jpg
after buying the car last spring i decided to pull the mat out of the trunk later that summer to find this. the back window leaks :soapbox: so after it sitting at a body shop for 4 months and them not touching it i decided to give it a shot biggest pain was getting the back window out i order some rust bullet to spray to trunk with when i clean it out and the window track the roof i will have a different body shop paint has anyone sprayed rust bullet before im hoping my spray gun can handle it

20130408_180834.jpg

20130408_180911.jpg

20130408_180926.jpg

I have sprayed Rust Bullet specifically. It needs one part reducer to 4 - 6 parts paint. You also want a large tip nozzle used for primer paints. It will come out beautiful with two coats.

Many years later. Now it needs a motorView attachment 180720
love that roof
It's not my style... but who cares what I think... it's not mine. I appreciate the effort and I do love that she's getting the love she deserves.

Captin, I really do hope you get the $$ from the St Regis Sunroof car... will you look to rebuild what you have or start fresh with something else. Thank you again for trying.

Also, as to the "needs a motor"... what specifically has gone wrong? You might not need a full blown rebuild... depending on what's wrong. Compression and leak down tests would be a great place to start... I can appreciate the desire to make it all fresh, but in reality, lots of engines get rebuilt when they still could have been repaired.

It's not my style... but who cares what I think... it's not mine. I appreciate the effort and I do love that she's getting the love she deserves.

Captin, I really do hope you get the $$ from the St Regis Sunroof car... will you look to rebuild what you have or start fresh with something else. Thank you again for trying.

Also, as to the "needs a motor"... what specifically has gone wrong? You might not need a full blown rebuild... depending on what's wrong. Compression and leak down tests would be a great place to start... I can appreciate the desire to make it all fresh, but in reality, lots of engines get rebuilt when they still could have been repaired.
Mainly its the heads values seats are shot there are sunk in about 1/16 car has 101000 miles
20170821_150932.jpg
20170821_150932.jpg

Back