Saginaw power steering pump help

Justin Patton

Reaction score
I need help! I have a 68 Chry 300. It has the 440 with the TNT package, no AC. My power steering pump which is the TRW pump is seizing up. I took it off the other day and there is metallic shavings all in the oil. I want to convert to a Saginaw PS pump because they are more common. I bought one from O'Reillys that is for a GM, and its the keyed pulley instead of the press on. I read on here that a GM Saginaw PS pump will work, but just wanted to make sure. I need a keyed pulley, bracket and high pressure line to make it work. Before I drop all this money, I want to make sure it will fit. Any ideas where to get these parts without breaking the bank? I have found Saginaw brackets that fit the 440 engine on ebay. Anybody think they will fit? I have looked at threads and did a search on this topic, but couldn't find a clear cut answer.

Buchillion is who I used, got everything I needed brackets, pump, lines and all bolts in one easy kit just give them the year model and engine size and options and your good to go. everything bolted right on no problems. phone # is 843-744-6539 ask for Randy

I did this also to my 300. The steering feels so much better. It is to later tonight, but I can post some pictures tomorrow. Also another option for the brackets would be Murray Park.

As promised here are pictures of a Saginaw pump on my 300.

Saganaw Pump 1.jpg

Saganaw Pump 2.jpg

Oh cool, thank you sir. I'm still waiting on a bracket. I should've just ordered everything from Bouchillon's, but I decided to go the cheaper route and piece it all together. I think I finally have the right bracket on the way and everything I need.........knock on wood

Back