Saved from the Crusher!

MTMoparfan65

Reaction score
So yesterday I made a 600 mile round trip to save this car from being turned into Chinese soup cans! It's a '70 Sport Fury/mouse sanctuary. Despite major patina, the car is remarkably rust free. It 'lived' in eastern Oregon and Idaho, which are pretty dry areas of the country. The engine and trans have been removed at some point, but I have a spare 383/auto to drop in and get this one back on the road. Thankfully whoever pulled the drivetrain did a careful job and all the wires & linkage are still in place. The exhaust manifolds, driveshaft, and cross member are also in the trunk so I won't have to scrounge many parts.

1970 Sport Fury Fender Tag.jpgIMG_20150918_090142059_HDR.jpg'70 Sport Fury First Look.jpg

'70 Sport Fury First Look.jpg

IMG_20150918_090142059_HDR.jpg

1970 Sport Fury Fender Tag.jpg

Well I have never come across another 70 Sport fury in the Frosted teal paint, with the matching teal interior. Here's a couple pics of my old SF.

Congrats on a really rare car! It's a gorgeous color combo.

You have done a Honorable service to the whole C-community, Very awesome you saved her.

Well I have never come across another 70 Sport fury in the Frosted teal paint, with the matching teal interior. Here's a couple pics of my old SF.

Congrats on a really rare car! It's a gorgeous color combo.

Brian you must still be regretting selling this one!

WOW! That has to be one of the best looking Furys I have ever seen! Just stunning in that color. Thanks for posting the pics.

A/C

Way-ta-go on that score / save. Is the A/C stuff in the trunk too?

Kind of a long story, but yes the A/C compressor and condenser were in the trunk, but... the day I bought the car I also bought 3 motorcycles & a pair of BFG 275-15/60s on 15X9 Centerlines from the same guy. Since my truck bed was full, I needed the room in the Fury trunk to haul the tires so I left the junky compressor behind. In hindsight, probably should have taken it, but I don't plan in reinstalling the A/C system anyway. I'll get it running & driving again, then put it on the market for someone else to fix up and enjoy. I have plenty of Mopar projects as it is.

Also in the trunk is a spare tire, correct jack, and the air cleaner
icon7.png

Great color combo, nice save!

Back