Saw this just after it happened.

Turboomni

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Kid [assuming] enjoying his 2016 Camaro SS apparently the wrong way.

IMG_20170312_174224.jpg
IMG_20170312_174236.jpg
IMG_20170312_174234.jpg

traffic was all but stopped lol. Looks to me he was going so fast he couldn't manage the turn. The tracks in the grass looks like the front wheels dug in and he flipped and slid for quite a ways.

It was between 10 to 15 degrees F. High speed and the tires were hard as a rock ,sand from the previous storm or like Stan said maybe a cell phone mishap.
Looks to me he took that bend too fast.

Yikes! Glad you came afterwards. I hope it wasn't a fatality.

I believe he or she lived or alive at the time. The group of people are I think surrounding the driver. Either they dragged the person out of the car or they were ejected. By the time the traffic on my side started rolling again the paramedics were getting there.

I just took a good look at the Camaro. Lost both front wheels and suspension. Man don't they build them good today?

If you blow up the tracks in the grass you can see where the front tires dug in and ripped them off and then flipped the car.

I can only imagine what that "NEW" New car smells like now after he / she crashed like that ??? :eek:

Looks like they're working on him. Better than a lump under a blue sheet.
Done some dumb thing in my day too. You don't realize how dumb till a car gets squirrely at 130 mph.

Looks like they're working on him. Better than a lump under a blue sheet.
Done some dumb thing in my day too. You don't realize how dumb till a car gets squirrely at 130 mph.

I can't even imagine. I tried to find out if there was a report online and havent found anything. What's the HP of a 2016 Camaro SS? Just curious. I know too you can get killed in a 32 hp VW Bug but .

I think the only reason the driver would have lived through that is the design of modern autos and safety built in.

I was speculating it was a kid but obviously I could be wrong. My daughter is a car nut. She zoomed in on the photo in the car and ID'd the wheels ,went to google search and matched them up. Also the bottom of the car looks showroom new. She knew it was an SS because of the wheels also. It is clearly a somewhat educated guess. Not definitive .

Back