SAY IT AIN'T SO.

When people would use the "f-o-r-d" acronym, with the last letters meaning "old rebuilt Dodge", I'd reply . . . "At least the old Dodge was worth rebuilding".

I always liked the '72-era Dodge pickups, which took many cues from the '69 Chevy CST pickups (lower side trim is one), but in a Chrysler orientation of things. Wished they'd put torsion bars under them, rather than the less expensive coil springs.

The '74 Ramchargers were neat, too! Especially with a "strangled" 440 in them. Of course, un-strangling it was possible, too. Always had this fantasy of putting one in "low lock" and going around the Sonic drive-in parking lot sideways on Saturday night. hehe

Enjoy!
CBODY67

Personally C-Body67, I prefer the '74 Plymouth Trail Duster over the Ramcharger with a /6 and 2WD. Looked for one for 30 yearz and never could find one. The only year that had PLYMOUTH spelled out in the grill and still a removable top too. But then them what knowz me knowz I lean toward the odd ball in Mother Moparz line up too lol, Jer

Knowing that only trim and ornamentation separated the Ramcharger from the Trail Duster, I could have lived with either one, in ANY of the initial model years, no problem. Most of the ones I saw back then had 360s with 3.55 gears, in the 4wd versions. Be that as it may.

When Chevy had stopped doing 2wd Blazers, the 2wd '80s Ramchargers got to be desired by some, as a result. People who didn't want or need the benefits (and later repair expenses) of the 4wd system.

To me, the 225 would have been very underpowered for what I would have used one for. Even the 318, possibly, too. Hence the 360 or 400 or 440 engine options. No offense to the 225, but there's a bit more vehicle weight there than an A-body where it works great.

FYI, I did some shopping on the www.ramtrucks.com website. Found the desired short-bed Ram in Express or Tradesman Classic 1500 single-cab models. Power windows and locks EXTRA. BUT with the HEMI option, too. 32K MSRP for one like I might desire, IF I could afford one right now. Have to shop the used lots later on! But was glad to see they are still available new!

Enjoy!
CBODY67

Interesting, but I still prefer the Trail Duster because of the rarity for the above mentioned reasons. I will coincide to the 360 because of the weight tho'. I just can't help it 'cuz I've owned several /6s and I love 'um. Thatz why I'm still lookin' for a '65 Barracuda formula S 4 speed, Jer lol

Back