scarebird disk brake conversion on 1964 880

jake

Reaction score
Just finished putting disks on the old girl with scarebird adapter plates, could not be happier!
Total cost was less than 400.00.
Ram calipers, plymouth fury inner and outer bearings and seals, ford galaxie 11.75 rotors. Easy install, put first adapter plate on backwards, easy fix, no grinding or cutting, everything fixs and turns with no rubbing anywhere.
014.jpg011.jpg009.jpg008.jpg007.jpg006.jpg004.jpg003.jpg002.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

011.jpg

014.jpg

Look how clean that chassis is.... nice. How easy is it to get replacement parts if something gets worn out?

I have not gotten that far, completely rebuilding the entire front end along with ps.

1972 rotors, and 1999 ram calipers, 72 fury bearings.

That's the first time I've seen pictures of it by someone who actually did the Scarebird conversion.
NICE job!!

It's simply a post count as you can see by all the bs I write. :)

Beautiful work. Nothing better than a suspension you can eat off of, means the rest of the car is perfect.

Rest of the car is not perfect but slowly working on it. Before and after shots.002 (2).jpg007.jpg009.jpg011 (2).jpg

002 (2).jpg

007.jpg

009.jpg

011 (2).jpg

I did the lakeland special on the chasis! Following the posts, i figure there would be a few who would laugh at that quote, but what would i know, im just a junior member

Just make sure you use the Walmart brand of satin black and not Krylon for true authenticity to my Lakeland flipper.

(Sent using Forum Runner)

The wheelwells look even good in the before pics. Rustfree for a Mopar.

She is completely rust free, except for a small bubble in passenger rear quarter. Unfortunately, I used flat black. Satin sounds too girly!

I too have just installed my Scarebird conversion. I tried to keep the original MC and booster, but I am having trouble getting peddle. I have replaced all lines with a Inline tube set. Looks great, just need a good peddle. What have I done wrong?

Back