Scoop?

Knebel

Reaction score
gold.jpg
1080h.jpg

I am wondering if this would look good on a white Fury. Maybe keeping the scoop white too...

I am looking to get some more air into the Engine compartment and to vent some hot air out when idling. I am not too thrilled with a scoop but what other way would there be? Anything more subtl?

How about something like an air grabber hood scoop the width of the hood style lines cut along those same lines

None of the above. Run Air intake tubes through the grill and other areas connecting to key cooling spots. For example, you could buy a dual snorkel intake and run tubes from the snorkels to the grill.

Hm, I have thought about the "tube" situation... I just cant seem to see how that woukd let hot air out when the car is idling at a stop.

Hm, I have thought about the "tube" situation... I just cant seem to see how that woukd let hot air out when the car is idling at a stop.
Is there an issue that you are having caused by this? Just trying to understand the "why" and end goal.

Its getting quite hot when its hot out with thehood closed, with the hood open, I can idle in 100° weather all day without the temp slowly creeping up. Just seems like the hot air has a hard time exiting the engine bay with the hood closed.

Its getting quite hot when its hot out with thehood closed, with the hood open, I can idle in 100° weather all day without the temp slowly creeping up. Just seems like the hot air has a hard time exiting the engine bay with the hood closed.
All of these cars are like that, and there is no "simple" cure for it. The hood scoop will only make a difference if you are moving. If you tend to idle your car for long periods of time, perhaps consider an aluminum radiator.

Yes! I dont "like" to idle it, but sometimes when stuck in traffic, I have no choice... I am trying to find a radiator that fits. I have my "Fan on/off" already set so that itturns off after i start moving a bit and the temp goes down but when its really hot, it would be good to have some extra ventilation.

NO NO NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
It ain't gonna help one bit and only makes people remember the car because of the dorky scoops. You want that?? A nice car where all anyone remembers about it is the scoops?

If you really want to try venting the hood by adjusting the rear of the hood so it sticks up a bit. That was an old drag racer trick to get some cooler air under the hood. It never worked, but guys would still try it, not go any faster and adjust it back.

If you are determined to do this... you could also find someone with a louver press and have some louvers tastefully punched in the hood.

Just take off the freaken hood then.

Last edited:
Man, that super stock hemi scoop really does not look good at all. I would rather not pop a scoop on it, maybe the louvers would be an option....

Well, if thats what "people" remember about the car, then so be it. Realisticly, I need to be happy looking at it in the end.It just needs to be tastefully executed.what about superbee scoops? My car dosent look "racey" so I really try to keep everything subtl.

Fury III edit.jpg

Last edited:
Back