Scratch one GM product

mindshark13

Reaction score
AD819FB6-0DBE-44C6-A0A2-7837D2B183BE.png
The owner or someone is attributing it to the factory ammeter. I know I lost a 1971 Satellite Sebring with the non Rallye dash to a faulty ammeter. How many good Chrysler products were victim to that specific part and why?

Meh. No love lost on GM cars in this corner. That said I wouldn't want to see anyone die or get hurt over a bad ammeter (which is why I bi-passed mine...ala MAD).

If it was an electrical fire a fire extinguisher alone would not of stopped the fire. You would also have to stop the electrical flow so cutting the cables if the overload did not already spread inside the car. I should know as my former '59 Imperial convertible had an electrical fire in 1990 or 1991. I disconnected the battery and had to use the fire extinguisher.

I’m not sure where the battery would sit in there but if that flaming pile on the ground under the driver side fender is or what was the battery that must have happened real fast and something got hot in a hurry.

"My Mopar friend said he could wind his 383 to 6000rpms and not hurt it a bit. I had to try that with my long stroke 400." Exactly the result the Mopar guy expected, roaring fire with engine parts all over the street.

Dave

It is a shame that another enthusiast lost a car. I don't GAF what kind of car it is... It's something special to them.

I’m not sure where the battery would sit in there but if that flaming pile on the ground under the driver side fender is or what was the battery that must have happened real fast and something got hot in a hurry.
I can't remember for sure, but I believe the battery is on the drivers side right next to the radiator

If memory serves me correctly, the GM cars of that era probably has plastic fender wells and I suspect that melted down and left the pile on the street.

Dave

I keep an extinguisher mounted on the trans hump next to the front seat....incase of encounters of the fire kind.

Back