searches

70Tom

Reaction score
Why when I run an advanced search am I only getting threads from 2017?

Alright, made some sweeping changes here. Tested out a couple searches and I'm getting results older than 2016 as expected.

Generally though, more recent and relevant results are weighted higher.

Specifically, it doesn't use the common and logical boolean lgic to search the the threads.
EXAMPLE: "1976 NYB AutoTemp"
In Google, the quotes limit hits to 1976 NYB AUTOTEMP II.
In the FCBO SEARCH function you get hits for
NYB
autotemp
II (Which gets every Fury post since day 1.)

In the FCBO SEARCH function you get hits for
NYB
autotemp
II (Which gets every Fury post since day 1.)

Not for me.... "1976 NYB AutoTemp" Gets me one result -- this thread. It gives me no results on Google...

I have to agree with Stan that I would get results with any of the multiple words I typed in.

I tried finding the thread about my exhaust install and couldn't find it, easily, last week. Today, I typed in "tti exhaust" and it was down 6-7 threads, right in order where it should be!

Joey, I did try to find the football thread, "2017 friendly football thread" was ntered into the search bar and gave me a No results found message. Went back and only typed in 2017 football and there it was. Why didn't it show up when I typed in the thread title? I seem to get better results when I use two keywords vs a full title.

Joey, I did try to find the football thread, "2017 friendly football thread" was ntered into the search bar and gave me a No results found message. Went back and only typed in 2017 football and there it was. Why didn't it show up when I typed in the thread title? I seem to get better results when I use two keywords vs a full title.

Came right up for me...

Untitled.jpg

Forget it.
You and me are not communicating on this. Issue is dead for now.

Here is the thing. There aren't a lot of search engine options for software. Its not like I can just use a different search engine. I do what I can to tweak things, but I'm not seeing the problems you guys are describing. (see last post)

Here is the thing. There aren't a lot of search engine options for software. Its not like I can just use a different search engine. I do what I can to tweak things, but I'm not seeing the problems you guys are describing. (see last post)
Ok. You don't have much at your disposal. I accept that. My fault. I should have said years ago, Is it easy or hard to getter a better Search function.

Ok. You don't have much at your disposal. I accept that.

Its a little more then that. Like I said, I run the searches you guys say and I get results but you guys say you don't. I'm not sure what to do about that.

Back