Seat belt help needed (driver's seat)

Mid70's Chrysler Fanatic

Reaction score
The lower retractor for my driver's seat belt keeps locking up, fighting back when pulling it out to use it. The problem is in the recoil/ release device: after I unfasten the buckle, the belt doesn't retract all the way on its own, and has to be fussed with to get it back. That's getting harder - especially with this deep freeze we're having.

To 74MonacoCHP, is this the same trouble as you had? I found your post in search of a solution. Commando mentioned a twisted belt as a possibility; I ruled that out unless it's hidden inside the base cover.

"Click it or Ticket" be damned: I don't wanna take a header into the windshield or get hurled into the street in a crash. :wideyed:

Yo Fanatic. Let me introduce you to "car-part.com" Try Central Grande Auto Parts in Lewiston, ID. Call 'um Monday after 09:00 mountain time @ 287-743-9505 and ask 'um for their Stock# 2009 for a match to your request, lol. Your welcome, Jer

Yo Fanatic. Let me introduce you to "car-part.com" Try Central Grande Auto Parts in Lewiston, ID. Call 'um Monday after 09:00 mountain time @ 287-743-9505 and ask 'um for their Stock# 2009 for a match to your request, lol. Your welcome, Jer
That might be worth my time. I would like to replace both my outboard front seat belts, as they are the wrong color.

Might be worth your time? You are in the car hobby with ah 45 YO Chrysler rite? Try finding ah set of Cross Ram Headers for ah '62 300 J. They say they have both sides for your '74 and their TAN? If that's the wrong color? I'd say "That's what they make Ritz Die for" Go Slay That Dragon Man, Jer

Back