Seat belt protectors

69polara440

Reaction score
How do seat belt protectors install on a 1969 Dodge Polara with a bench seat? Thanks for any help I can't seem to find the info anywhere.

Do you have a pic of what you're trying to install?

These things. Thanks for any help!

IMG_0334.PNG

Good Lord!!! If the most brilliant minds in the C Body hobby can't help me what's a brother to do!

I have taken apart multiple 69 Polaras, (all 4-door sedans and hardtops) and none of them had parts like that.

Alan

This is the only picture I have at the time.
2014-01-18_007.jpg

On the belt side there is a plastic bezel that folds to reveal the screws (the screws can barely be seen here).

Alan

Are these mopar parts or aftermarket. I don't think I've ever seen anything like that in any catalogs etc.

I had my seatbelts restored and can't fit them through the gap between the seat back and seat. I thought maybe the people that redid my seats forgot to replace them.

I had my seatbelts restored and can't fit them through the gap between the seat back and seat. I thought maybe the people that redid my seats forgot to replace them.
It is my understanding that the belts need to go in the seats when they are upholstered. I tried and gave up trying to remove some belt from a bench seat.

Alan

Ok thanks Alan. Your car is absolutely beautiful and your attention to detail is incredible!

These things. Thanks for any help!
Looking that these some more they look like the grommet for belts that go THROUGH the seat, where a slit in the upholstery is made and this protects the edges.
Again, not on any of my 4-doors

Alan

Looking that these some more they look like the grommet for belts that go THROUGH the seat, where a slit in the upholstery is made and this protects the edges.

Alan
That makes sense now, I think you're right. My 69 Plymouth with buckets doesn't have these either.

Alan

yes, 2 door bench seat. if you fold the seat back forward there should be one on approximately either side of the arm rest. the larger part slides in from the top and the smaller part retains it from underneath. i can't remember if there was a notch or opening in the framework for them.

yes, 2 door bench seat. if you fold the seat back forward there should be one on approximately either side of the arm rest. the larger part slides in from the top and the smaller part retains it from underneath. i can't remember if there was a notch or opening in the framework for them.
Then the original poster may need them, without knowing what body he has.
I would assume the frame has a pocket for these, otherwise it would pull on the upholstery.

Alan

now that i think about it i've only worked on 2 doors. it could be that the 4 doors had them too. you wouldn't be able to fold the seat to see them though.

Back