WANTED Seeking A Chrysler DRB II Scan Tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr onetwo

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
Hey guys, I know this isn't for a C-body, but we are all Mopar guys here! I am looking for an old Mopar DRB II scanner so I can diagnose my '93 Dodge pickup. This was sort of the predecessor to OBD. They are hard to find as it was a dealer tool, but I thought I would give it a shot. Thanks
thumbup.gif

DRB II.jpg

That ebay price is a lot more than I would have expected. The DRB II tools is also needed to turn off the maintenance reminder lights in some of those model year Dakotas (or pull the bulb!). But you can access the trouble codes on a 93 Dakota without the use of the DRB II tool. Just cycle the ignition key on-off, on-off, and back on and watch the cluster flash the trouble codes that are present. The service manual tells you what the various codes mean.

That ebay price is a lot more than I would have expected. The DRB II tools is also needed to turn off the maintenance reminder lights in some of those model year Dakotas (or pull the bulb!). But you can access the trouble codes on a 93 Dakota without the use of the DRB II tool. Just cycle the ignition key on-off, on-off, and back on and watch the cluster flash the trouble codes that are present. The service manual tells you what the various codes mean.
That's true, but you actually change fuel trims,ect with a DRB. My '93 is MPFI so could be useful, but not for $400 plus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back