Selling cars

'69FuryIIIConvertible

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Tonight I did something I swore from the time I was a child is would never do.....I sold a vehicle is owned......

Yes the hoarder parted with a vehicle.....

I decided to list my 98 Ram Sport 1500 4x4 on Kijjiji on Monday, I listed it for $2500 obo and a nice young man came by tonight with $2100 cash and bought it, he's starting a landscaping business and wanted a good 4x4 truck. He assured me he would take good care of it.....

Am I insane or is my sellers remorse justified?

I paid $500 for it because a friends Aunt was going to trade it in on a new journey and the dealer offered her $500 trade in value, it has 185k kms and she bought it new, she maintained the truck perfectly and I had all of its service paperwork...

I hope I didn't screw myself.....

Nick

20170726_205120.jpg
20170726_205136.jpg
20170726_205148.jpg
20170726_205237.jpg
20170726_205306.jpg

Can't keep them all. I am with Dave you just made this man very happy, and you should feel good you sold him a good truck and made some honest money for yourself.

Would you have felt better you passed on a piece of **** to the nice young man? I don't think so. You did the right thing in my mind.

Nick, sellers remorse is the worst thing to happen to ALL of us car guys. There have been a few cars I wish I still had, but something inside you made you put it up for sale in the first place. That you made money on the deal is icing on the cake. You made the right choice, no regrets.

Besides you had 2 trucks, right?

Tonight I did something I swore from the time I was a child is would never do.....I sold a vehicle is owned......

Yes the hoarder parted with a vehicle.....

I decided to list my 98 Ram Sport 1500 4x4 on Kijjiji on Monday, I listed it for $2500 obo and a nice young man came by tonight with $2100 cash and bought it, he's starting a landscaping business and wanted a good 4x4 truck. He assured me he would take good care of it.....

Am I insane or is my sellers remorse justified?

I paid $500 for it because a friends Aunt was going to trade it in on a new journey and the dealer offered her $500 trade in value, it has 185k kms and she bought it new, she maintained the truck perfectly and I had all of its service paperwork...

I hope I didn't screw myself.....

Nick

View attachment 135702 View attachment 135703 View attachment 135704 View attachment 135705 View attachment 135706

I guess if you have another truck, its ok to sell this one. I do know that it is really difficult to find a good used truck, and hopefully, you won't now need to find another one.

I guess if you have another truck, its ok to sell this one. I do know that it is really difficult to find a good used truck, and hopefully, you won't now need to find another one.
Yeah that's why I'm having the remorse, the truck shifted smooth as glass, 4x4 worked perfect, all new front end, didn't leak anything, all new brake lines, all new u joints, all new axle seals front and rear.

Oh well, I'll put some of the money into my 01 Ram.
Besides you had 2 trucks, right?

I do. I have my beloved Chevy and my other Ram.
20170724_175814.jpg

You did the right thing those trucks are average at best anything that starts to go wrong it's time to let go.
I have nothing good to say about those trucks so I'll shut up now.

You did the right thing those trucks are average at best anything that starts to go wrong it's time to let go.
I actually love my 01, it's the best 4x4 truck I've driven, I had a 85 power ram 4x4 before the pair of Chevy trucks and I liked it as Well, however I purposely searched out and bought a second generation ram because I wanted modern fuel injection, but I wasn't going to compromise and give up my rear leaf springs or front solid axle.....

I'm surprised to see you say that Dave. I think that generation Ram was fantastic. I had a '97 SLT 4 x 4, 5.9 that I sold with 235k on it after 12 virtually trouble free years and it still handled really well AND I got like 1500 bucks for it. That truck didn't owe me a damn thing when I sold it and I still miss it after 6 years or more. It had a contractors cap on it and I can't tell you how many time I exceeded the weight limit of that truck with loads on top of the cap(mainly because the bed was useless but still).

I sold my 2000 ram 1500 2wd about a month ago. I sold it for what I paid for it seven years ago so I am happy. The main reason it got sold was I had to go in and replace the ball joints, and front bearing hubs for a second time. This way it went with good parts and I have a clear head. The guy who bought it is replacing a 1999 Ram 1500 with close to 300,000 mile on it so all is good.

I would take one with a manual transmission. A auto trans may be okay for flat ground but the ECU software and hills don't mx. Your either in overdrive at 1800 or 2nd at 3000 why it can't just go back to 3 rd gear is a mystery. The other is rolling down a hill it unlocks the converter and as soon as you add gas to go back up the next hill it locks the converter and can't pull the hill at 1500 rpm then downshifting to 2nd. I finally cut the wire at the B11 pin and was going to wire a switch in but the truck worked so well with OD and a unlocked converter I just left it. The cowl shake in my 1500 was so bad I had to look up and make sure I was not in a convertible rides worse than my Peterbilt. No love loss for those trucks.

You also must keep in mind I'm biased against pick ups in general. They are good for other people to own.

You should feel pretty good! As your young man starts his business, his success could easily depend on the reliability of his truck.

I remember years ago when I left my last salary job and started out on my own. In my case, my business was 100% dependent upon my computer, if it died, my business died. A local businessman recognized my liability and gave me a smoking deal on a great computer. To top it off, he allowed me to pay just a nominal amount each month until it was paid. Thus I was introduced to "Pay it Forward".

I've used the concept to guide my business. My various companies made sales using the "net 30" rule, except for brand new startups, they got the best product at wholesale prices with a pay as you can handshake deal. After hundreds of such deals, I never got burned and I've watched a lot of young men and women become successful. Many also began to Pay it Forward.

Congratulations, you have just joined the club! :D

Walk a little taller with pride!!

Back