Selling overseas question/VIN

mopar440

Reaction score
Got a guy who's in Poland interested in my 67 Charger in Poland, he's quested my vin I do have a bonded title, do I have any worries sending to him?

Got a guy who's in Poland interested in my 67 Charger in Poland, he's quested
Got a guy who's in Poland interested in my 67 Charger in Poland, he's quested my vin I do have a bonded title, do I have any worries sending to him?
I suggest a personal message to Tobias74 in Calgary as he's sent numerous cars to Europe. If your car is already in Poland it "might" be risky, otherwise I'd want assistance from a business familiar with dealing with overseas buyers and arranging the shipping. I recall that Lee my former 73 imperial was being shipped by Schenker in NY.
I'm sure they could advise you how to proceed.

Good luck with your sale

You'll have to ask him if a MN bonded title is acceptable to the Polish customs authorities. They make the actual determination, not you or the buyer, and certainly not us on the forum.

From what I recall in importing my 2 Lincoln's, the ownership title was necessary to export the cars. American titles mean nothing overseas, (at least in Australia, probably other countries as well) the purchase documentation was most relevant as once in the foreign country the title is only of historical value.

sorry I have to disagree.
The title is very important.
Not only for the US customs (there can be trouble if the car is from a non title state but it can be solved).

In germany the US title is the proof who owns a car. You need to give the US title to your local DMV together with the european custom paperwork and get a german title (Called Fahrzeugbrief). In case you sell your car before getting the german title you need to give the us title to the next owner

So the US title (or the transferable registration from non title states) is important

Carsten

Letting the prospective buyer know your car's VIN shouldn't be a problem, whether that individual resides in the U.S. or in Poland.

sorry I have to disagree.
The title is very important.
Not only for the US customs (there can be trouble if the car is from a non title state but it can be solved).

In germany the US title is the proof who owns a car. You need to give the US title to your local DMV together with the european custom paperwork and get a german title (Called Fahrzeugbrief). In case you sell your car before getting the german title you need to give the us title to the next owner

So the US title (or the transferable registration from non title states) is important

Carsten

Same thing here in Finland...

AFAIK every european country wants to have a title from the owner to be able to register it at the local DMV.
Maybe one of our members from Poland can rush in

Carsten

I'm from CT, a non title state and sold a car to someone in Germany. To get around not having a title I had to get the car registration and the bill of sale notarized. I then e-mailed copies to the buyer, and sent the originals with the car itself. IIRC this is what his registry office told him to do, he lives near Hamburg. He said the he got the car into the country and registered with no issues.

Back