Sentry?

O_Knut

Reaction score
Sentry? What is it and what does it do? I don’t even own one now I’m just curious

1DA12B1D-E80E-43FE-8804-03A8344BF9AE.png

When any of the gauges gets into the warning zone, such as low fuel or engine overheating, low alternator output or low oil pressure, a red warning light comes on (the sentry signal) so that you can not likely miss seeing the problem in time to prevent problems that could leave you stranded or facing huge repair bills, etc.

When any of the gauges gets into the warning zone, such as low fuel or engine overheating, low alternator output or low oil pressure, a red warning light comes on (the sentry signal) so that you can not likely miss seeing the problem in time to prevent problems that could leave you stranded or facing huge repair bills, etc.
That’s actually genius

Possibly something for the former GM buyers who were used to looking at warning (idiot) lights rather than knowing how to read gauges (and what they mean)? An Imperial Exclusive!

The later 1970s to 1981 gauge instrument clusters had a later version of this. A red LED light at the top of the gauge scale, which would illuminate when the needle got to the top of the scale. As my '80 Newport has in it. Another Chrysler first, like the 1974-era gauge clusters with "hidden icons" which would light up as warning lights, then disappear . . . which was copied by other makers later on.

Enjoy!
CBODY67

haha so basically an idiot light to notify you about idiot lights?:rofl:

Back