She is all primed out.

Zymurgy

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
I had a good week. I got the sound deading material installed, finished prepping the body and got her primed. I was happy overall with my body work there are a couple areas that need some more attention, but not bad.

Now that I have a coat of primer down I can see any imperfections that I over looked. There were a couple of small dents that I didn’t notice and a drip under the hood that I thought I made, but was the original paint job.

Sound deading2.sm.jpgTaped off.sm.jpgPrimed 1.sm.jpgPrimed 2.sm.jpg

Primed 1.sm.jpg

Primed 2.sm.jpg

Sound deading2.sm.jpg

Taped off.sm.jpg

I had a good week. I got the sound deading material installed, finished prepping the body and got her primed. I was happy overall with my body work there are a couple areas that need some more attention, but not bad.

Now that I have a coat of primer down I can see any imperfections that I over looked. There were a couple of small dents that I didn’t notice and a drip under the hood that I thought I made, but was the original paint job.

View attachment 8631View attachment 8629

Looking good. Those shots look so familiar. LOL

a9af6004.jpg

e388edc5.jpg

Moving right along and looking good. I was there about five months ago. Once the paints laid on ...... Thats when the fun begins. Reinstalling all the jewlery.

Moving right along and looking good. I was there about five months ago. Once the paints laid on ...... Thats when the fun begins. Reinstalling all the jewlery.

That is absolutely right. I know when it comes to that I'll find an hour here there during the week to run over to the shop. I ordered a buffer for my stainless trim. I bet you there's 100 feet trim I got 2 separate bids of $12 and $16 per foot ouch! With the right tool I know I can do it myself for about a tenth of the cost and have a new tool in the shop.

Beautiful work you're doing there! Is that the goal, Carlisle? Or sooner?

That is absolutely right. I know when it comes to that I'll find an hour here there during the week to run over to the shop. I ordered a buffer for my stainless trim. I bet you there's 100 feet trim I got 2 separate bids of $12 and $16 per foot ouch! With the right tool I know I can do it myself for about a tenth of the cost and have a new tool in the shop.

Which buffer did you order and what are you going to use for a polishing compound? I have miles of trim to polish also.

Beautiful work you're doing there! Is that the goal, Carlisle? Or sooner?

My goal is April 1st, it is usually the time I get the car out of winter storage. I believe I'm track for that even if I don't have everything completely together. It should be driveable with the interior and painting done.

Cunning plan. You can always claim to have us April-fooled if you're not finished by then.

Which buffer did you order and what are you going to use for a polishing compound? I have miles of trim to polish also.

I ordered it from Eastwood here is the link. http://www.eastwood.com/1-2-hp-buff-kit.html

I haven't received it yet, I just ordered it this weekend. I did a lot of searching before I bought from them. It got good reviews and the price was very good compared to other long shafted buffers. They also sell a $30 set that works with your drill and is designed to get into small areas. http://www.eastwood.com/stainless-steel-polishing-kit-14-pc-set.html

Back