Should I go to Carlisle?

Lord Castlereagh

Reaction score
I'm in the market for a C body. I'm about 2 hours from Carlisle. Should I go there? Will there be one single car for sale at Carlisle that I cannot find on the web?

Your thoughts and insights will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

The Mopar event, of course. I believe it is in July. I want a 69-71 Fury, Polara, Monaco.

Thanks

The Mopar event, of course. I believe it is in July. I want a 69-71 Fury, Polara, Monaco.

Thanks
There is a sizable "for sale" area, but it is all Mopar, not just C bodies. Start looking now and keep checking here, I'd bet you will find something well before next July.

I would consider ( If I were you) going to the Carlisle Fall event, The Hershey event and Carlisle in the Spring all before The Chrysler show at Carlisle. All the while looking on web pages for your perfect ride.

Chrysler Carlisle in July is always worth the trip, but with Carlisle being only two hours away for you, its worth it to go to Fall Carlisle in October to see if there's anything that interests you in the car corral or in the auction outside gate #3. You might find something at Fall Hershey as well.

it is worth going to see the show if you are so close.
You will a bunch of Fuselages, too.

I have been there the last two years but NONE of the cars you mentioned were for sale in the car corral.

It is NOT the place to buy a fuselage C-body.
Not impossilbe but you chances are small

it is worth going to see the show if you are so close.
You will a bunch of Fuselages, too.

I have been there the last two years but NONE of the cars you mentioned were for sale in the car corral.

It is NOT the place to buy a fuselage C-body.
Not impossilbe but you chances are small

Only because pickings have slimmed. I've seen many great Cs in that corral. However pickings have slimmed all across the corral, not just Cs. They've lost a third of the volume within the corral.

Best scenario is find the car you want prior to Carlisle then hunt down parts you may need in the huge parts vendor field.

I'm in the market for a C body. I'm about 2 hours from Carlisle. Should I go there? Will there be one single car for sale at Carlisle that I cannot find on the web?

Your thoughts and insights will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

You should go to Carlisle, regardless. A visit there will make you a "better informed consumer." Like some others have mentioned, Craig's List, E-Pay, and Hemmings can be good places to look. Also, Google is your friend. I found my "Parts Car" using Google while looking for an engine.

I think the only Carlisle show left for this season is the "all make" show in the fall. This and Hershey are where sellers are more motivated to sell something before having to store it for another winter; good deals can be had. Even if you don't find anything C-body specific, it's a great show to just walk around, discover parts suppliers, and if weather is what it should be; to enjoy a nice fall day. Like Rip says, you will be a "better informed customer," I know I have been.

BTW, it doesn't hurt to ask someone showing their car if they would be interested in selling it or know of someone selling one. Networking can be the best way to find a car. EBAY is another alternative. Also, consider posting a WANTED ad on this site listing the specific conditions, engine size and options that you are looking for.

I wonder what it's like to "want" a car? I keep having cars find me, especially when it's inconvenient.

Back