Shout out for Scott (REXUS31) PAHLEEZ

BIGBARNEYCARS

Legendary Member
Reaction score
Because it's in your back yard Pal, I think you should have the answer and I'm curious. Saw a eNewsletter flyer from The National Historic Vehicle Register on the 'Puter yesterday That's really got me goin' nutz trying to find out to no avail. A picture of a somewhat fancy well constructed Golden Arched (quite a serious sign bridging) (presumingly over Whitter Blvd.) announcing WHITTIER BOULEVARD with EAST LOS ANGELES printed underneath it. From 1954 - 1962 that waz my cruising groundz from Harbor Blvd(39) to Atlantic Blvd. so I know the area. PLEASE TELL ME WHERE THEY HUNG THAT SIGN. Whittier? Pico-Rivera? Montebello? or East L A Mon?. I went to Whittier High back then BTW, (which now haz a 10' high steel fence around it which I don't understand either. Neighbor Hood went to H*** or? Thanks Jer

Because it's in your back yard Pal, I think you should have the answer and I'm curious. Saw a eNewsletter flyer from The National Historic Vehicle Register on the 'Puter yesterday That's really got me goin' nutz trying to find out to no avail. A picture of a somewhat fancy well constructed Golden Arched (quite a serious sign bridging) (presumingly over Whitter Blvd.) announcing WHITTIER BOULEVARD with EAST LOS ANGELES printed underneath it. From 1954 - 1962 that waz my cruising groundz from Harbor Blvd(39) to Atlantic Blvd. so I know the area. PLEASE TELL ME WHERE THEY HUNG THAT SIGN. Whittier? Pico-Rivera? Montebello? or East L A Mon?. I went to Whittier High back then BTW, (which now haz a 10' high steel fence around it which I don't understand either. Neighbor Hood went to H*** or? Thanks Jer

Hey Jer. Can you post a pic of the sign you are talking about?

7808627916d8425ff1efa64aedd179bc.jpg

xCunkzjCypUZFlPbGChoYt-htpjafoKgYuwW1o6ccmC6ILl0Q7YyyL-0dh_vv8WnL4R5HDzVcFzOe_01G44jBEkkvafB5yrg.png

ok, Scott. My computer wizard finally showed up. After searching it out, the approximate location of the sign is just east of the 710. Thanks for your help, pal. Jer

OK Alan, Thankz. I missed seeing it by 'bout 25 yearz. Might be worth ah trip back just to say I've cruised under it tho'? I have lotta good memories on that Blvd, Jer

Back