Show us your Imperials!

patrick66

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Why should the Formals have all the fun? My '66 Imperial Crown convertible. One of 514 built in 1966 - the least of the three years of this particular style. Daffodil Yellow with black interior and white top. Only options missing are the Auto-Dimmer, Auto-Pilot, and AM/FM radio. Needs a few little things, but is the nicest-riding car I have ever owned! 440 automatic. Original, other than paint and top. imperial01.jpgIMG_0122.JPGIMG_0132.jpg

imperial01.jpg

IMG_0122.JPG

IMG_0132.jpg

Mine isn't as nice as that one, but it does have the advantage of being mine....

1967 Crown Sedan. Mostly original paint, pinstripes, interior. It's a little worn, and also in need of lots of little things, but it drives nicely, and makes me happy.
Imperial_2014-01-26_sm.jpg

Wow. I just saw the date on that picture. Did I really take that in January?

Imperial_2014-01-26_sm.jpg

Very nice fellas and thanks for starting this thread Patrick, I look forward to seeing more.
Mine? 1 of 3,235 coupes in '67 and this one is probably somewhere around 90% original and very unusual to be a.c. free. I think the number is 926 Imperials with a roof but no a.c. accross the line-up in '67. The interior is silver leather with black mohair pleats and the only thing I've replaced on the inside is the carpet.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Speak softly and carry a big stick. I'm bedazzled.

My 68 Convertible, one of 464

Funny that everybody bemoans green cars with green interiors, but most of the '69 Crown Converts I've seen have been this colour. Looks good on the car, but it's not my first choice.

Jacky is one of just 4,572 2-door hardtops produced in 1969 that some kind of survived 32 years in a barn just for me to get her back to her old beauty.

It has a great color combination of deep plum with black interior. Especially for a time when most cars were green, beige or brown ;)

She's kind of wounded right now and it's a lot to do to get her back to old beauty, but I'm working on it and I have a lot of fun doing it!

1969 Imperial_07.jpg1969 Imperial_15.jpg

1969 Imperial_07.jpg

1969 Imperial_15.jpg

I think this forum has among its active members, the finest and most interesting Imperials anywhere. Not a dull one in the bunch.

Posted via Topify on Android

Since everyone else is playing the game, I guess I should go ahead and add my production numbers. In 1967, Imperial made 9,415 Crown Sedans, making mine the most common model made. My options were also pretty common: tinted glass (98%), air conditioning (95%), and vinyl roof (41%). Vinyl roof is the one option I have that I really wish I didn't. Why couldn't my original owner have chosen a right side mirror ($6.75), power locks ($70.70), and a Sure-Grip ($56.35) rather than the vinyl top ($129.70)?

Since this seems to be turning into a list of my options and costs, here's the breakdown:

Itemprice
Crown sedan$5,836.00
Air Conditioning$452.25
Door edge guards (4-door)$6.40
Rear Seat Heater$63.30
6-Way power front seats$122.35
Power trunk release$28.28
AM Touch Tuner Radio with Rear Speaker and Power antenna$165.45
Tilt-a-scope steering wheel$92.45
Tinted glass$52.70
White three-ring tires$54.05
Vinyl roof$129.70
total$7,002.93

I have the receipt from Downtown Chrysler Plymouth in Minneapolis, Minnesota (before two-letter state abbreviations were standardized, it appears) for $4,785 paid in full by check for my car. I don't know how much he negotiated, but he did trade in his '63 for this car.

He bought it on July 21, 1967. I would be born 4 years, to the day, later.

Also, there's a bunch of period receipts, including one for fixing a power steering leak in October 1967. So even my power steering leak is original!

With the receipts came an original brochure and my owner's manual, complete with speedometer certification and certicard.
1967 Imperial Owner's Manual.jpg

I looked up Thomas P Welch in Buffalo, Minnesota, and came up with this:

http://www.leg.state.mn.us/legdb/fulldetail.aspx?ID=12036

I have no way of knowing if this is the right guy, but it sure fits the mold!

1967 Imperial Owner's Manual.jpg

I wish I had more information about my car and it's first life... Why was it abandoned for 32 years, who was driving it since then, ...

I bought a manual, warrenty card etc out of ebax, but that's not the same...

User Manual 01.jpg

User Manual 02.jpg

Where did you find the detailed list with percentages of popular options?

User Manual 01.jpg

User Manual 02.jpg

Why should the Formals have all the fun? My '66 Imperial Crown convertible. One of 514 built in 1966 - the least of the three years of this particular style. Daffodil Yellow with black interior and white top. Only options missing are the Auto-Dimmer, Auto-Pilot, and AM/FM radio. Needs a few little things, but is the nicest-riding car I have ever owned! 440 automatic. Original, other than paint and top.View attachment 36494View attachment 36495View attachment 36496

Okay now he's showing it off!

Seriously, it's a great looking Imp!

Back