showing off my refinished police rims

A38E86D32

Reaction score
Hello everyone, just wanted to share pics of my rims i had sandblasted and powder coated recently. Also installed new Mastercraft Avenger GTs.
These are going on my 71' plymouth fury 3 , 440 troop car. ..

20160421_172703.jpg

Nice wheels, but I am wondering too, was it missing it's original cop wheels?
A 71 Fury would not have had wheels like that. The 6 slot cop wheel came out in 78 and debuted on the B body Monaco/ Fury pursuits/ patrols. C body police cars had "normal" looking steelies originally. Like the ones on this 72:
plymouth043.jpg

A 71 Fury would not have had wheels like that. The 6 slot cop wheel came out in 78 and debuted on the B body Monaco/ Fury pursuits/ patrols. C body police cars had "normal" looking steelies originally. Like the ones on this 72:
View attachment 76919
They were made of thicker steel weren't they?

Hey fellas, i know the wheels are unoriginal. Not sure what happened to the original steelies, would've definitely used them, though. I decided to use the later wheels that came with the car when i bought it. I think it'll look sharp :)

To the best of my knowlege, my '70 Fury ex WSP car has the "JJ" stamp on them noting the police wheel. But i have seem some reference to an "H" stamp on the wheel noting the "Pursuit" pkg wheel.

A lot of the muscle car ear wheels are JJ

Most of the Rallye's and magnum stle Road Wheels I have are JJs

As I understand it, the JJ identifies the wheels profile from one side to the other

Standard steel rims had the centers spot welded to the rim. Police and HD (truck) rims had a bead weld connecting the two. I am not certain if it is in addition to the spot welds or instead of.

Back