Sixth Annual "Celebrate Waupun Car Show" June 28,2020

Pete Kaczmarski

Reaction score
Last night got the thumbs up for our event to continue. Hope to see you there, call with questions.
100_0591.JPG

Pete: excellent news! My plan (unless the virus situation takes a turn for the worse) is to drive up to Waupun from the 4th Midwest show on June 27th. Question: how does one register for the show?

My concept was for the show to be "FREE" with random door prizes to be given out. There is no need to register for the event. We normally have numerous other family type events from multiple live bands, kids amusement rides to entertainment shows etc. Because of contractual issues and the unknown those events were cancelled for this year. I asked to take a wait and see attitude and it paid off.

Thanks! It'll be great if you can give us an idea of the positioning of cars / social distancing aspects. I tried to get an idea from last year's brochure, but I am sure that things will be very different this year?

Type into google 320 n. forest st. waupun wi. Then click on the street view. That powers substation is across from the park. Use your mouse to navigate to the right and enter the park. Travel in any direction there. We work on placing vehicles in a 10 ft wide by 20 ft long spot with the cars tail backed up to the fence. In front of them will be another approx. 20 ft drive enter/exit lane. If we fill up the first park (approx 125 vehicles) we use Schaler Park which is across the river connected by a foot bridge. Those cars enter off of North Madison St. and would hold another 125 vehicles. The world famous "End of the Trail" large bronze statue is there. We have about another seven in the city.

O.K. we are all set with great weather. Food will be provided by "Wild Goose Cafe". The menu will be BBQ pulled Pork/Turkey n gravy sandwiches. If you want a picnic lunch the sides will be cole slaw, baked beans and american potato salad. All made by then fresh not out of can. From 0800 to 1000 coffee and bakery (donuts) from Grebe Bakery of Oshkosh. Hope to see you there and if not in person be there in spirit. I should get enough help to bring my '59 Imperial, ''69 Grand Prix, '78 New Yorker St Regis Coupe, '66 Toronado, '62 Chrysler 300 convert and '63 King Midget.

Back